The ball

I walk into the grand hallway of my friend's house. The house is filled with fancy looking people. The scent of strong perfume fills my nostrils.

I should have never agreed to come here. I don't fit in.

I look around at the fashionably dressed people with the most expensive accessories donning their bodies.

I look down at my outfit, courtesy of my best friend, which fits in perfectly with the atmosphere.

It looks good on me. It perfectly hugs my body at the right places, showing off my body shape.

"Y/N, why are you standing here alone? Come with me!" My best friend, Tae, says

"Okay then. Tae, did I really have to come?" I say, still feeling awkward in this alien environment.

"Yes, obviously. It's my birthday. You can't skip my birthday party. Even if it's formal." She says, dragging me through the crowd.

Everyone is looking at us, mainly her, the birthday girl. She is wearing an absolute gorgeous silver gown which show off her slender body.

We give everyone polite smiles as we walk pass them into the grand living room, beautifully decorated with balloons and silver confetti.

"But I don't feel like I belong here. I am sure that I'll embarrass you in front of everyone." I say, giving smiles to all the strangers around me.

"You belong with me, no, don't start singing Taylor Swift's song. You will be alright. No, don't sing EXO's Playboy. Just stick with me. No, don't sing NCT's Touch." She gives my hand a reassuring squeeze while rolling her eyes.

"Can I give you a hug? It helps." I say, like a little baby.

"Aghhh! Okay, fine. Just one side hug." She rolls her eyes and gives me a quick side hug.

"Thank you Jagi." I say, smiling widely at her.

"What did I say about calling me Jagi?" She lifts her eyebrows.

"I am sorry. I meant oppa. Oppppaaaaa!" I whisper. We both start giggling.

Tae's parents suddenly walk into the room and everyone falls quiet. Everyone's attention is captured by them.

They give the whole crowd a polite smile and nod. Her mom starts speaking, "Thank you everyone for attending our daughter's 22nd birthday party. We hope you enjoy your time here."

"Tae, please come forward." Her dad says.

Everyone turns to look at Tae as she gracefully walks to the elevated platform. Her younger brother brings the fancy birthday cake towards her and gives her a hug.

Everyone claps as she cuts the cake and gives it to her family members. They too feed her small pieces of cake.

I secretly giggle, knowing that as soon as everyone is gone she is going to finish that three layered cake in one sitting.