Arc two

I just spend one and a half hours crying into my pillow so expect chapter to be a little emotional. It's one o'clock in the morning here so yeah. I am also drunk on no sleep.

Also a little context on when this happens. It's a year after their graduation.

I open my eyes and sit up, my pulse racing and my breath ragged.

Another nightmare, another scare.

When will they stop?

I run my eyes and look around at the illuminated room, flooded with sunlight.

My eyes follow the white walls to the clock showing the time as five thirty AM. I push aside the blanket and get on my feet.

I register that there is a thin layer of sweat on my skin, making my oversized tee stick to my body.

I run my hands through my hair as I fall to the ground, silently letting warm tears roll down my cheeks.

I can't live with this anymore. I can't handle the pain anymore. How long will it take for me to get over this?

The faces of my real parents and my adoptive ones flash through my head as I close my eyes.

I could never give them any happiness. I never got to know what they wanted. I only ever cared about myself and never did what they wanted. And now it's too late for one pair.

Anyway, I cannot stay like this. I have got work to do.

I get up from the floor and go to the bathroom to brush and bath. 

By six, I am standing in front of the door, ready to leave my house for the day.

I step out of the gorgeous house once owned by my biological parents and go to my car which is waiting in the garage.

I drive out the car onto the busy streets of the city and zoom past the early lights to my first meeting for the day.

Soon, I arrive at my destination and get out of the car. I run to the door and knock on the door.

Tapping my heels as I waited, I looked around at the garden surrounding the house.

The door opens and Jiwoo steps out, looking at me with a mix of curiosity and horror.

"Jiwoo, what are you doing here?" I exclaim as I walk in to the house.

She is dressed in a robe, way to big for her. Obviously it's someone else's.

"Are you living with Jungkook now?" I ask her as I scan the place for Jungkook, spotting him running down the stairs obviously regretting not hiding my sister. He is sporting his usual suit in honour of the meeting we are supposed to have now.

"Hello Noona!" He greets me with a sloppy smile. He gestures Jiwoo to go back upstairs.

"Stop Jiwoo stay!" I say with authority in my voice.

"Y .. yes Unnie." She says silently as she stares at the floor.

"Jungkook, I don't like getting into our people's business. But seriously, it's her exam next week, you can't let her stay here. She needs to study." I say with a sigh. "Please."

"But Unnie, I am studying." Jiwoo interrupts.

"Yeah. You're learning biology. And your major is Law." I snap back at her harder than I meant to.

They both burst out laughing at my outburst.

"Damn Jiwoo, you sister is good at jokes." Jungkook says as he bends over his knees unable to control his laughter.

Seeing the two laugh like that, I crack as well, smiling lightly at the two evidently happy kids.

Wait, no, they are not kids anymore, I can't keep them under my rule. It's their life. They should be able to live it happily.

"Anyway, Jungkook, let's start the meeting. Jiwoo, May I borrow him?" I ask as I ruffle her soft dark hair.

"Yes Unnie. I'll be upstairs. Studying." She says and rushes upstairs, pausing for a second near Jungkook to give him a kiss.

Jungkook blushes deeply and walks slowly down and shakes my hand.

"Jungkook, if you wanna maintain the partnership, you better stop stealing my sister to fu..." I say as I smirk at him.

His cheeks grow even warmer as he cuts me short. "I assure you that I will be careful in the future Noona." He stares at the ground as he gestures me into the salon for the discussion.

"So, you are gonna be at the party tonight, right?" Jungkook enquires as he switches to his serious mood. "It could be a make or break deal with JYP entertainment."

"I won't miss it. Don't worry." I say, as I take a seat on the lavish couch placed in the centre of the grand room.

"So ... about the deal with Park enterprises, are you gonna take it up?" Jungkook asks with a sweet smile.

"Yes. Obviously. It's a great thing. Our companies can merge and I also get to be Jimin's fiancée. I am not saying no to that offer." I say as I smile at the thought.

"Okay then let's talk about the budget we are setting for the JYP deal ...." I bring back the attention to the meeting's purpose.

It's two o'clock here now. I am still crying. Meh, whatever.

I hope you guys enjoyed the story and please do check out my other works. It really makes me happy when I see your comments and love.

Please don't forget to vote and comment if you like the chapters.

Hugs and kisses from Cheonsa.