Late

The next morning, I walk up to my mom calling my name. I sit up and rub my eyes as she does the same thing to my sister.

We both get ready and head to the dinning room, adjacent to the kitchen.

"How was the party?" My dad asks. We start eating.

"It was good. Oh! I met Mr.Park's son, Jimin." I say, as I eat up my food.

"Yes, Tae's father and his father are business partners." My mom says.

"Unnie?" Jiwoo says.

"Hmmm" I say, food stuffed in my mouth.

"Don't you have to go for your job?" She asks with a wicked smile.

I look at the clock. Oh shoot! It's already eight o'clock. Class starts at eight twenty.

I jump up and run to my room to get ready. I wear my dance clothes and wear a long jacket on top. I do my makeup and grab my bag while running out.

At the front door, I remember that I haven't taken my phone so I run back and take it. I run out, "I am going. Bye!"

I run down the road to the bus stop and get on a bus that was at the stop. I am sweating and breathless.

I get off at the forth stop and run into the dance studio which is right next to the bus stop.

I go to my studio to see my students, most of whom are teens and in their twenties talking and shouting.

"Good morning!" I manage to say. I drop my bag and take off my coat. "Shhh! Be quiet!" I say.

Everyone falls silent. "I am sorry for be late. Let's begin with the warm up exercises." I say.

As they do those, I take deep breaths and drink some water. After that, I start teaching them the choreography of Swalla.

The class ends after one hour and they all leave after saying bye. I head to the kitchen.

"Hey, Bongyoung? I just wanted to ask if a newbie could join my class. There are free slots." I sit next to him on the staff kitchen couch.

Park Bongyoung (not related to Park Jimin, if you know One Million dance studios, you will know who he is) is my boss, the owner of this dance school. He is in his mid twenties and is super chill.

"If you can manage one more, sure. But, first as your boss, may I ask why you were late?" He asks me with a smirk. "Which club? Who? Details now."

I laugh at his question. "I didn't go to any clubs or bang anyone. I went to this formal event and I got home at one o'clock." I say.

"Oh! Boring. Now, get your butt moving. Your next class starts in five minutes." He kicks me out of the kitchen.

I smile and head towards my class. He is the best boss anyone could ask for.

After I enter my class, I greet the early birds and sit down on the floor. I take out my phone and text Jimin.

Y/N: Hey! It's me, Y/N. I asked my boss. You can join anytime you want.

I keep my phone aside and start teaching my class. This batch mainly consists of college students.

After one hour, they head home. It's the lunch break so I head to the kitchen to grab something to eat.

The other two teachers, except Boyoung, are sitting there talking.

One of them is a guy in his mid twenties and teaches the intermediate and advanced hip pop classes. His name is (Wang) Jackson.

The other is a healthy woman in her mid thirties. She teaches the advanced hip pop classes and free style. Her name is Cathy.

Our studio is pretty small. We have four people working here, the forth being Boyoung. Boyoung teaches hip pop and break dancing. I teach freestyle and hip pop for beginners.

I grab a sandwich from the table. Cathy always brings us homemade lunch.

"Yummy, Unnie. Your cooking is the best." I say, taking another bite of my delicious meal.

"Oh stop it! You are simply saying." She smiles.

"Yes Noona, you're right. This tastes so terrible that I want to puke." Jackson jokes.

Cathy's face changes. "I'll never bring you lunch again." She says.

"Noona, learn to take a compliment. Your cooking is super. You know that too." Jackson says.

"What's up, Y/N?" He asks me.

"Nothing. Does anyone else have extra classes?" I ask, my mouth stuffed with the sandwich.

"What did you just say?" Cathy asks.

I swallow my food and repeat the question.

"No. No one. Why are you taking so many extra classes?" Jackson asks.

"I want to move out of my parents' house. I am twenty one years old, I can't depend on them too much. I already found a potential place. I am saving up to buy basic things." I say, finishing my food.

"Woah! Really? Do you have like a room mate or something?" Jackson asks.

"Yeah. My best friend, Tae, and I are buying it together. I have some money. I'll pay her slowly. It's an apartment." I reply.

"That's awesome." Cathy says. I get a call so I head out of the kitchen.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hey! It's Jimin. I saw your text. Thank you so much for doing this." He says.

"You're welcome. So, when are you planning to start?"

"As soon as possible."

"Okay then, maybe you can stop by the studio and find out more about the classes today."

"Yeah. Can I come over now?"

"Sure. I'll text you the address. Just ask for Park Bongyoung. He will tell you everything you need to know. I'll be in my class."

"Thanks again for your help."

"Don't mention it. Okay, I gotta go. Bye!"

"Bye Y/N! See you soon!" He hangs up.

I head to my class and call my mom. I tell her that I had my lunch and ask her if she wants me to buy anything. She gives me a list which I write down on a piece of paper.

"Ms.L/N, can I come in?" My student asks, standing next to the door. I gesture her to come in.

"Okay, mom, I have to go. Bye!" I hang up and start the solo classes.

I have two today, each of an hour. After the classes, I go out of my class to the hallway.

"Hey Y/N!" Jimin's heavenly voice says.

"Hey Jimin! Oh hey Bongyoung!" I greet the two men.