2.Melody

Your POV

Beep beep beep bee-

I turn off the alarm on my phone and sit up on my bed. It's 7 am and I have to leave this building without anyone seeing me. Slipping out of my PJs, I put on my school uniform. I quietly step out to the creaking hallway, passing by Ms. Kim's room as silently as I can. Not bothering to check the fridge if we have food, I leave the building, putting on a black mask.

The morning is a bit chilly against my bare legs, hating the fact that the school skirts were so short. The school is close to where I live, which kinda made me nervous since I didn't want anybody to know where I lived. Except for one person, he already knew. Speaking of him...

"Park y/n!" Jimin smiles as he runs over to me.

"Jimin," I take off my mask, smiling back at him.

"How are you?" Jimin asks, giving me a side hug.

He's the bestest friend that I could ever have.

"Tired," I laugh softly.

"Same," Jimin runs his fingers through his thick hair. "I had a piano lesson, dance lesson, and vocal lesson last night 'till 11 pm."

I nod. I'm still sad for not being able to take piano lessons with Jimin like I was supposed to in Grade 1, but after the passing of my mom, I gave up because it was already too late to even start since I'm in Grade 10. I'll probably have to take lessons in a class with elementary kids, and I'm not very fond of little kids.

"Hellooo?" Jimin waves his smol hand in front of my face.

"Oh, sorry. What did you say?"

"I asked if you're working tonight after school."

"Ya, I am."

"Dang, I wanted to hang out."

"You know Ms. Kim doesn't let me go anywhere except to school and work."

Jimin gazes at me softly as he held my hands, "Y/n, after we graduate, we're both gonna move out and rent a place together. You won't need deal with the bullshit at the orphanage anymore. I'll be with you wherever you go, make you laugh, and go on trips. We'll live happily forever."

I get so emotional listening to Jimin how he'll take care of me. Honestly, I wouldn't be able to live without him.

DING DING

I give him a genuine smile. He didn't need words from me, he could see right through me from knowing me for so long.

*****

After school at work

"Y/n, take some of these with you," the ajumma hands me some rice cake in a takeout container.

"Oh ajumma, you don't need to-"

"Just take it dear, you work so hard," the elderly woman takes my hands, placing the container in my palms.

"Thank you," I wave good bye and leave the street food stand.

I check my phone to see that it was just past 10 pm. Since it's still light outside, I decide to take the long way, the way where the building was.

Walking down the familiar street that I'd always walk with my mom, tears were forcing themselves out of the corners of my eyes. I had avoided walking this way since I didn't want to recall the memories.

Suddenly, I head a faint melody. I walk up closer to the building and saw a figure inside.

Who's playing piano at this time?

I hide behind a telephone pole, not wanting to look like a creep staring into the huge window. It is a guy, probably a year or two older than me. After a while, he sits back on the bench, his head hangs low. He keeps his eyes closed like he's in a deep thought. Then, he turned his head in my direction, making me jump back behind the pole. Whew, that was close. I didn't want him to think of me as a stalker.

I quickly turn around and run all the way to the orphanage.

"Yah! Why are you late, get in here you rat!"

Ms. Kim pulls my hair making me wince in pain. It was only 10:30. I was 15 minutes late. I sigh and walk into my room. Tiredly plopping on the hard bed, I check my messages.

Chim Chim: Have a goodnight sleep~

My mood immediately lifts just from seeing his nickname.

Y/n: U too^^

He texts me back right away.

Chim Chim: Meet me on the roof top after school tomorrow. I gotta tell you something.

Y/n: Kk, I'll see u then.