40.Turn back Time

Yoongi's POV

"There's someone I want you to meet."

I wipe my mouth with a napkin, "Y/n, if you're hooking me up with a girl, I'll get pissed because I wasted my time."

"No," she says quietly. "I'm not hooking you up with anybody."

I hum, curious. Her voice wobbles a little and is quieter than usual.

"We have to take a taxi," the chair scrapes back and I hear her take the plates.

"How should I dress? Is this an important person that I'm meeting?" I stand up and she leads me down the hall.

"You look fine right now." I feel her hands going down my chest, I guess to smooth it out or something.

I gulp, "Ok."

******

"We're here."

I hear the door open and she grabs my hand. The air smells fresh, unlike the city. It's silent too, which seems haunting without all the car noises and people. As we walk, the ground is not hard but plush.

It's so quiet. Too quiet.

Her grip tightens and I feel her tense up. I don't hear anyone. Is that person already here? She stops but still holds onto my hand. She squeezes my hand and I squeeze back. Is she going to introduce me or what? I hear her take a deep breath.

"Mom, I brought him today, the guy I was talking to you about last time."

Oh, it's her mom. I bow, "Hello, Mrs.Park. My name is Min Yoongi." She doesn't answer so I respectfully keep my head low. Why the fuck do I feel scared?

"What do you think mom? He's hot right?" she giggles and I can feel my face blush. Does she really think that? The mom doesn't say anything. Oh, I guess I'm not to her.

"He's really nice too," y/n continues on although her mom didn't give a single response. Is this how they always talk? Interesting.

"Yoongi oppa," she tugs my hand. "You can sit down."

I sit cross-legged on the ground. Wait. Grass?

Then it hits me.

We're at the cemetery.

Her mom is dead.

What about her dad? Where is he?

I swallow hard, trying not to act too surprised.

They talk for about 5 minutes and I just listen to her. She sounds happy though she's not here. As she keeps talking with her mom, it reminds me of mine.

Is she doing well? Is she healthy?

"Bye mom, I'll visit soon," she stands up and so do I.

"It was nice meeting you, Mrs.Park," I bow again.

We catch a taxi and I feel like I have to say something. Or do something. "Hey," I carefully place my hand which I thought was her knee, but it's her thigh. Shit. I slide it down and rub her knee, feeling her tense up. "Thank you for letting me meet her. I had a good time."

A warm hand clasps mine, "I'm glad. She's been wanting to meet you for a while."

I chuckle, "For a while?"

"Yeah," she says without hesitation, "I literally told her everything that we did."

I turn my face the other way when my face heats up for the second time today, "T-that's nice."