31.Stirred Up

Your POV

"Jimin," my voice is in an audible whisper. My throat gets dry and my eyes start to sting. There're people staring at me but who cares. I watch him hail a cab. "Jimin!" I latch onto his arm and tears escape, rolling down my face. He yanks his arm from my grip and opens the passenger door. He looks down with me, filled with anger, then it subsides and his eyes soften. "Y/n," he steps closer to the taxi. "We'll see each other when it's time. I'm doing this for you, for us." He climbs into the seat and closes the door. The cab speeds away, disappearing into the sea of cars. 

Never once did he look back. Or say goodbye. 

My hands curl into fists and I release a deep breath that I didn't know I was holding in. 

What just happened? Did he actually leave me?

I check my phone. 10 minutes before I'll be late for work. I check my face in my camera and luckily, my makeup wasn't ruined. This day is just going great. I catch a cab and quickly get into the big clothing department. An EXO song blasts through the speakers which lift up my mood a bit. 

"Hey y/n," the manager jogs up to me, some of the strands of her hair fall out of her usual neat bun. "There's a group of girls who need dresses for a Spring prom or something."

I smile, "Alright. I'll be there after I put my stuff away." She gives me a thumbs up and scurries off the deal with other customers. I find three girls looking through summer dresses. "Hey," I greet them and they all turn to look at me. I stop in my tracks. Oh no. Not them. Why did they have to come at this time? Why did I have to get scheduled for this shift? 

I put on my best smile, "Looking for dresses for prom?"

The girl in the middle with bleached hair rolls her eyes, "What else does it look like we're doing, y/n?" As she rolls her eyes, her mascara clumped eyelashes get stuck together and she blinks her eyes 50km/ hr to open them. I bite my lip from laughing. It's the funniest thing, to be honest, when girls struggle to blink properly with spider-legged eyelashes. 

"Are you looking for a specific one?" I ignore her comment and ask in a tone I use with all the customers. A nice tone. 

"You're such a nerd studying all the time. You probably didn't even know there's a prom coming up."

Her sidekicks scrunch up their noses and flip their hair and return looking through the racks. "Well, if you don't need me, I'll go and assist other customers," I give her a smile one more time and turn on my heels.

"Wait!" 

I stop and hesitantly look over my shoulder, "Yes?"

She gives me a pearly smile and tucks a strand of a blonde curl behind her pierced ear. I face my body towards her and she juts her hip to the side. "Do you know who I am?" Her friends now stand next to her, arms crossed against their fake chests. 

"Should I know who you are?" I already knew who she was. She's the school principal's daughter and is very popular. All the male seniors want her. All the male juniors want her. I really don't know what they see in her. She puts on so much makeup which is not permitted in school But since she's the principal's daughter, she gets away with it. She acts friendly to us "nerds" for answers and of course, they hand it to her just like that. 

She smirks and takes a step towards me with an "intimidating" gaze. She is a few inches shorter than me and she straightens up and giggles. " I guess it doesn't really matter, does it. But my name is Lee Soohyun." She sticks her manicured hand out and I just give her a nod. She clears her throat and pulls her hand back in, "I was just wondering," she picks at her painted cuticles. "if you know what happened to Park Jimin."