8: One call away

To put it nicely, Emily came over

To put it nicely, Emily came over. It's not that I don't enjoy her company but lately, all she seems to talk about is how I need to give love another chance. And I know what she's hinting at when she starts speaking poorly accented French.

"Emily," I turned to face her. "You're saying it wrong."

She laughed, "My French teacher would agree with you, that's why you need somebody who can say it right."

"Then why don't you and I book a ticket to Paris, we can enjoy the city, but you have to promise to stop."

"Okay, that last sentence has got to go. No promises. But yes let's book those tickets."

The soonest I could book for was a month which worked perfectly fine with me. It gave me enough time to prepare.

"Hey Tati, are you going to brush up on your French?" Emily said through the moment of silence.

"I've never spoken French."

"But you know someone who does," she said in a sing-song voice. "And he's only one call away."

"No no not happening."

"But it should happen, you just keep putting it off."

There were times I regretted leaving France, One time was when I was first starting out here cause it had been so long since I'd been to America, and it seemed so vast,  and several times took place in the span of this one, long, exhausting week

I was getting ready to call Dylan to see if he'd like to go as well when he called me. Smiling to myself about the irony I answered.

"So I just wanted to call to say that I bought two tickets to France. I've been wanting to visit mom and I remembered you saying that you did too. So how bout that?"

"Wow, I was just getting ready to ask you if I should buy an extra one. I'll just log off this site."

"Okay, think you can last waiting a month?"

"Well, I've lasted this long."

"I'll be like the blink of an eye."

Alright, so I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I think my favorite chapter will be either the next one or the one after that *evil wink.* Gosh I love using Emily and Dylan as my little author's advocates haha. And I'd love to hear what you think