33: Autumn leaves

We stared at each other for a moment after we broke apart

We stared at each other for a moment after we broke apart. My heart was beating so fast I was certain she could hear it. I stared into her eyes and she stared into mine. The world was silent for the moment and I felt more at peace than I had been for quite a while.

"Hey! We could use some help!" My brother yelled from somewhere, I didn't see him. Probably opened a window.

I didn't say anything back, neither did she. She shook her head playfully, "Well, I'm gonna go and finish up." she said as she got up. She kicked her foot in the dirt, then began to walk. I got up and followed.

She opened the door and we both walked in, "What were you two doing?" Dylan said the second he saw us.

"Trying to leave you two alone to sort out your feelings," Tatiana said immediately, "Since you clearly have something going on."

I tried not to laugh as they looked at each other and proceeded to act repulsed.

"I'd never be with him," Emily said, once she was done pretending to puke. Dylan never verbally responded he just never stopped gagging.

I removed myself from the conversation by picking up some packed boxes and walking back outside. Once I placed them in the truck, I realized I needed to redo some of it so it could fit more without crushing anything so I began to rearrange a few boxes.

There were footsteps coming into the truck. I turned around, "so they're arguing again," she stated.

"Of course they are," I rolled my eyes while smiling, "You really like to instigate them."

"Kinda, I find it funny."

"Of course you do." I found a place for the last box and then took a step back. "There doesn't seem to be much left."

"Nope, I believe there are like five or so boxes left. I brought one, I put it over to the side." she pointed at the box lying on the floor next to the box full of dishes.

She kicked the box lightly pushing it closer to the other boxes, I made a few steps til I was next to her. She took my hand into hers and we walked back to the house. She let go of it when we entered. She tiptoed a bit to whisper in my ear. "Let's see if we can get the rest out in one trip,"

"Okay, you pile some in my arms and then take whatever's left."

"Perfect," she said, as she picked up the first box. She was able to stack four of the boxes. They weren't heavy, we started with the heavy stuff first, and right now I'm glad we did. She held the last box and shuffled it so it was between her arm and side. I followed her, she opened the door and then followed me out.

We put the boxes down and then Dylan and Emily came out. "Finally that's over," Emily said wiping her forehead. "I'm so not ready to unload."

"You don't have to Em," Tatiana replied.