14: Chameleon in a bowl of M&Ms

We all sat around the table until my parents decided they were ready to leave. Dylan and I told them we'd catch up in a moment. They nodded and told us they'd wait outside.

"Maybe we can catch up and start over when I get back?" I offered, remembering what she said about leaving in the morning.

"Actually, I think I might tell them to find somebody else." she answered.

Emily placed her hand on Tatiana's shoulder, "You'd better."

"Well, if you don't, I'll see you around," I said, then I looked out the window. I turned to Dylan. "We'd better get going."

"Yeah, we don't want them to leave us," he replied. "Adieu."

And the two of us left, "You two ready?" mom asked.

I nodded, while Dylan verbally responded.

As soon as we got back, mom and dad couldn't keep their eyes open, so they decided to go to bed. Dylan and I were exhausted as well, due to the time change. So after he said somet We both went into our old bedrooms. I unpacked sometime in between getting here, and going out, so everything was easy to grab. I got into some comfortable clothes and crawled in the bed.

My eyes refused to listen to my tired soul. Yawning, I rolled over and tried to sleep, but my mind was full. Trying to block out the incessant thoughts and noise, I turned over again. Although I knew it wouldn't work, it seemed like a decent plan. Hoping that if I got comfortable I wouldn't have to fight it.

***

I woke up much later than I would've liked being the early riser I am. I decided not to let that small thing get in my way of seizing the day. Getting up, and rushing around the room, I made a mental checklist of the things I'd like to get done.

Once I was ready for another day, I walked out of the bedroom to find my mom sitting on the sofa with a cup in her hand. Most likely coffee, since you could see the heat streaming out of the cup, and she doesn't like tea.

"Good morning," she said.

"Morning," I replied.

"Any plans for today?" she asked.

"Dylan said something about walking around the city." I walked into the kitchen and poured a cup of coffee, then found an empty place to sit.

We talked for a while, and sipped our coffees. Dylan came into the room rubbing his eyes.

"Get enough sleep?" I joked.

"Not even close," he replied, glaring at me.

Shrugging, I stifled a small laugh. He continued to glare at me. "Need some coffee or sleeping pills,"

After those words, his face lost all tiredness. He had a bad idea. "What if I put a sleeping pill in my coffee and see which one has better effect."

"Your coffee would taste gross." I paused, rubbing my forehead. "And they wouldn't cancel each other out. Unless you have high tolerance."

"Okay, I'll get some coffee then," he dragged his feet to the kitchen.

After his coffee, and some more talking, he got up. "Still in to walk around?"

"Don't see why not," I replied, getting up to put my cup in the sink.

"Just give me a minute to get ready, and then we can go." He walked back into the room and I took the opportunity to sit back down.

After a while he came back out. "Let me guess you're still not ready?"

"Ha, I am, so 1 for Dylan," he responded then fist bumped his other fist.