Chapter 17: prom no, movies yes

Prom was tonight, Alice was dragging Bella to the dance. I, on the other hand, didn't have to go because I managed on convincing Alice to not let me go. I was helping Bella to get ready. She was going with a nice purple dress, that Alice so happened to have laying around and some converse. I just needed to do her hair and we'll be done. When we finished and we went downside where Charlie and Edward were waiting. Bella was walking in front of me. Edward and Charlie had smiles on their faces when they saw Bella.

"You look beautiful, Bella," Edward says making Charlie's smile fall a bit. Edward and Bella were sharing a cute moment until Charlie ruined it by clearing his throat.

"Yes, Bells you look beautiful," he says coming up to her and hugs her.

"Okay, picture time," I ask catching their eyes. First, it was Charlie and Bella, Edward and Bella and lastly Bella and I.

"Why aren't you going again?" Charlie ask me making me sigh once again.

"Because prom isn't my thing. Besides, I'll be the only one without a date." I tell him and he frowns.

"Who cares if you're going alone, its prom," Charlie tells me.

"Hey, there's always next year," I say and he gives me a look which I sigh too. 

"Okay how about this, even if I don't have a date by next year, I'll go to prom, alright," I tell Charlie, which he agrees with.

"We should get going, I can't wait to see the girl's dresses" I tell Edward and he nods.

"Are you sure you don't want me stay with you?" Charlie asked for the 20th time this day.

"Yes, I'm sure. You and Billy have been planning this fishing trip. He's taking the pu-boys with him. You can't just bail on him. Besides I'm just going to do some homework and fall asleep early," I say to Charlie. Billy and Charlie have been planning this fishing trip for the longest and his taking the pups with them. I didn't want him to miss all the fun. Charlie finally gives in and accepts defeat.

~~at the Cullen's~~

As Edward, Bella and I enter his house, they were all in the living room waiting for us. We all greeted one another and we took pictures. Even though I'm not going to the dance, I still want pictures with them. I even took a picture with just Carlisle and me, alone.

"Why aren't you going again?" Jasper asked me. Once again I sigh.

"Man if one more person, ask me the same question I'm going to lose it," I say making them laugh. "But to answer your question, Mr. Hale prom isn't my thing," I tell him.

"But you haven't been to prom," Emmett says.

"And how do you know? I could of went back to my old school?" I retort back. He opens his mouth to say something but he didn't have anything to say. So he shuts it and glares at me. I smile at the sweet victory.

"And besides, there's always next year. I might go, who knows I might even have a boyfriend by then" I say shrugging. I saw they stopped talking and just stare at me. I see Carlisle looking down.

"Anyways you guys should get going. It's getting late" I tell them trying to break the sudden tension. After a while they nod. Alice stops suddenly, staring at nothing until she squeaks happily.

"Carlisle you should take her home," She said looking at Carlisle.

"Hey since you gone hunting last night, I'm going tonight. You should keep Amelia company. Since she's hurt" Esme says. They all had smirks on their faces, besides Carlisle, Bella and I. Carlisle just shakes his head mumbling something. Bella and I didn't even know what was going. However, Carlisle agrees to stay with me.

~~at my house~~

Carlisle pulled up at my driveway, turning off the engined, and stayed in the car. It was silent, neither one of us talking. I didn't want him here if he didn't want to be. He was kinda forced to come. I sigh and turn to him.

"Hey, you don't have to be here if you don't want to. I don't want to force you." I tell him. I was hoping he doesn't feel like that.

"I don't mind being with you. and I'm not being forced to be with you. I promise" he tells me with a smile.

We both got out and headed inside my house. It feels weird being back here. I'm not here a lot. Usually, I'll be here to get new clothes, or when the pups decide they want to hang out, or when I leave Mr.Wolf water and clothes. I swear I treat him as if he was an actual pet. Hopefully, he doesn't show up and cause problems. Carlisle and I decided that we're going to watch movies on Netflix. I got popcorn, sodas and a blanket to keep me warm. We sat down on the couch, he took one side while I took the other. I didn't realize that during the whole movie I was moving closer to Carlisle. At the end of the movie, I was leaning on Carlisle side, with eyes closed, and his arm wrapped around my waist. Keeping me warm and safe. Protecting me from any real harm. Maybe he thought I was sleeping and I didn't know what I was doing. At the moment I really didn't care if he was married or not. I was happy and I was going to take this opportunity to be close to him.

I was happy that he decided to stay with me, I wasn't looking forward to being alone. Not only that but I was happy that he was staying here in Forks. Even if I didn't know if I dreamed those words, a part of me knew they were real. If he gave me the smallest of hope, I'll hold it tight. I'll fight for him. I'll take whatever this is, step by step. Day by day. Because the best things in life aren't rushed.