Chapter 1: Happy Bir-, never mind >.<

"I don't think we should do this, Allison" a Native American man says to a weeping Native American young lady. They are in the kitchen having a difficult discussion. The lady was shaking her head, indicating that she wasn't agreeing with her husband.

"B-but she's a-all I have left of her. I-i can't... I won't abandon my only niece, Joshua" the lady, Allison, said to the man. Joshua, as she called him, sighs and held her shaky hands.

"I know it doesn't feel right. But we're struggling already, Allison. We cannot afford to feed another mouth." Joshua pause for a bit, debating if he should bring it up. 

"Before you say anything, listen to what have to say first, okay." Allison nods and once again Joshua sighs. 

"I found this young couple who's willing to pay us if we give up, Nani." Allison looked at her husband enraged. How dare he say that they should sale her only niece, the last missing piece of her dead twin sister, to complete strangers. She took her hands from him, she was going to start screaming at him, start to call him names, tell him off but Joshua stops her.

"Think about your own son, Addy. We're going bankrupted. I still haven't found a job and you're job barely pays anything. Do you really think we could raise Nani in this sort of life? Listen, I don't like it either but they're willing to pay a lot. We could pay the all of those overdue bills, it'll even cover for Sammy's college intuition, all four years. Think about it" Joshua saying this time in a softer voice. Allison stop moving. What should she do? They're already struggling with everything, Sammy isn't eating what a normal seven years old should.

"B-but at what cost?" Allison says. 

She knew that this was good to be true, everything came with a price. Joshua didn't know how to say this. If his wife actually agrees to do this, she'll lose her only niece, she already lost her twin. He didn't think she could do this all over again. But on the other hand, she was going to save them. With that money, they'll have enough to pass by, hell it was more than enough. It could pay for Sammy's future. He son wasn't going to be an anybody, his only son will be someone of great importance. He'll leave this small cursed town, he'll leave far far away, and he'll go to college. Something his parents nor Nani's mother couldn't do.

"We can never see Nani, again" and with that said, Allision broke down once again. She was going to lose her own piece of her twin, just so that her son could have a life she dreamed of.

Little did they know, their seven-year-old was listening to their conversation about his little cousin. He ran back to his room, where a little four-year-old girl was sleeping peacefully. He climbs the bed and hugs her. Wiping away his tears he whispers to her.

"Don't worry Nani. I won't let anything bad happen to you. Big brother, Sammy promises." He kisses her forehead and falls asleep with her still in his arms. And he was determined to keep his promise. No matter what happens, she'll always be safe and happy when he's around. No one was going to stop him from keeping his promise.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (^.^ hello ) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!" I sing out as I jumped on Bella's bed, followed by Charlie. I managed to jump on top of her, making her groan and pushed me off the bed. I landed on my back.

"Damn Bells when did you get so strong? Or did I get weak?" I say making Charlie laugh and Bella to roll her eyes. I stood up and moved beside Charlie, who has two birthday presents with him.

"I thought I said, no present" Bella says sighing, for the first time today.

"The ones that from me, isn't wrapped, so it doesn't count," Charlie says handing her a camera with a red bow on top and wrapped presents. The red bow was my idea. I already knew what was inside the box, I was with Charlie when he was talking to Renee on this phone. Renée is such a 'cool' mom when I say cool, I mean that she acts like those moms that act to be cool. But she's a nice lady, whenever Bella is talking with her, also I talk to her. She says that I should visit and bring Bella with me. Bella looks over to me, waiting for me to give her my present.