Chapter 3: Tribe History

I knew once Sam found out about working with the Cullens, he wouldn't be so happy about it. But to convince him it was the only way to keep me safe wasn't easy. His man pride was hurt and it didn't do any good to push him any further. So I went to plan B, get Emily to tell Sam to agree. Getting Emily to get him to agree on anything was a piece of cake. However, the pack was a little difficult to get on board. Eventually, they agreed but that didn't mean they'll like it. 

Sam's pack would take over, watching Bella and me, while the Cullen's would hunt. It was never fun when those two came together. Edward and Jake would always argue about the stupidest things and I would always be the one to break it up. Either Sam or Paul would be with Jake when they came for us. One time when Carlisle came along to dropped Bella and me Sam, in his wolf form, growled at Carlisle the entire time. I was scared that Sam would attack Carlisle, so I placed my hand on Sam's head, petting his head to calm him down. It was working for a while until Carlisle gave a low warning growl making Sam growl back. Edward had to drag Carlisle away and Sam just turned away furiously, leaving Bella and I confused. We asked Jake what was that about but he shook his head, saying it's not important. I thought it was important because I knew thought that Carlisle would growl. 

Today, the Cullens were going to hunt leaving Bella and me with the pack. We met Jake at the Treaty line, Jake was standing next to Billy's truck without a shirt, again. We walked up to him.

"Doesn't he own a shirt?" Edward says.

"Yeah, he does but doesn't wear any, even though I bought him 10 last week. They rip their clothes a lot" I tell Edward as we reach Jake. I walk over to him and hug him. He smiles and hugs me back and waited for Bella.

"We're good here. You should go" Bella tells Edward. 

"I'm not going to be long," Edward tells Bella.

"Don't rush. You need to hunt" Bella tells Edward. He leans down and giver her a passionate kiss. Making Jake and I roll our eyes. Save it for the bedroom. 

"Ok, maybe rush a little," Bella says dazedly. Poor girl, he has you whipped. Bella came over, Jake hugged her and he asked us what we wanted to do today. But also said that we were going to a party. Mmm, a party? I wonder whose? Night time falls and we headed to the Rez. I see the pack and the council around a campfire. 

"You sure this is okay? I really hate being party crashed" Bella says, making me nod. 

"Technically, you two are council meeting crashing. See, the council leaders dad, Quil's grandpa, and Sue Clearwater. She took over when Harry died." Jake inform us. 

"Oh, maybe we shouldn't be here," I tell Jake. 

"You two are okay. I thought... I mean they thought it was a good idea for you two to hear some tribe history." Jake tells us. 

"The histories? The Tribe's Histories? Aren't they like secret?" Bella tells Jake. 

"We all got a role to play and you two are a part of this. And this is the first time Seth, Leah, and Quil will hear them too. But you two are the first outsiders, ever" Jake says to us.

"But technically I'm not an outsider," I tell Jake. 

"Yes, you are. You aren't a shapeshifter" He says making me nod. Well okay. 

"If I had known, I would have dressed better," Bella says making me laugh.

"Amelia! Jake!" Seth comes up to us. "It's about time you guys showed up. Paul's been hovering the grub, but don't worry I saved you some, Amelia" Seth says. 

"Good looking out, bro. Bella this is Seth Clearwater, Leah's brother. The newest pack member." Jake introduce him to Bella. 

"The newest, bestest, brightest" Seth listed.