Chapter 15: This is it

NO ONE'S POV: 

Today was the day that they all prepared for, the end of their days. The Cullens, the witnesses, and the wolves all gather in a large, snow-covered field. They're all in position just like it was planned beforehand. 

"If we live through this, I'll follow you anywhere, woman," Garrett tells Kate as he stands next to her. 

"Now he decides to tell her," Amelia said making the other smile and laugh.

Amelia looks over at Sam and the wolves, she bows her head in respect and acknowledgment. Sam and the wolves bowed their heads to their sister. In the distant, they could hear the Volturi and their army getting closer. 

"The Redcoats are coming! The Redcoats are coming!" Garrett chants over and over again. 

"But they're not the British" Amelia said making Garrett rolls his eyes.

"Get with the program, lady" he jokes. 

Amelia and Garrett stopped smiling and turn serious when Aro and his army got closer. When they say the wolves they stopped, watching Jake going to Nessie's side. Edward watches Aro as they walk closer to them, shortening the gap between the two groups. 

"Aro's looking for Alice," Edward tells them. 

"Obviously" Amelia comments. 

Aro and his army stand in a straight line facing the Cullens and their witnesses and they wait for one of them to talk. Minutes went by and still, no one said a word. Carlisle turns to Edward.

"Should I talk?" he asked. 

"It's possible the only chance you'll get," Edward said. Carlisle took a step forward but Amelia stops him by holding his hand. Carlisle looks back at their hands and frowns. He stares at Amelia and she whimpered. 

"Amelia" he whispers. Just like that, Amelia lets go of his hand and Carlisle continues to walk forward. With a heavy heart, Amelia watches her mate confronts Aro and his army alone. Amelia prays to all the Gods out there to protect her mate. Amelia then steps closer to Bella and Renesmee. The little half-breed steps in between her mother and grandmother, holding both of their hands. 

"Aro, let us discuss things as we used to, in a civilized manner," Carlisle said. Aro smiles as Caius scoffs.

"Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us," Aro said motioning to Carlisle's witnesses. 

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken" Carlisle replies. Caius walks over to Aro, angrily. 

"We see the child. Do not treat us as fools" Caius hissed at Carlisle. 

"She is not an Immortal!" Carlisle shouts.

"These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look for yourselves. See the flush of human blood in her cheeks" Carlisle said pointing at Renesmee. 

"ARTIFICE!" Caius yells. Caius yelled caused the wolves and witnesses take a step forward on high guard. Amelia took two steps forward trying to get as close as possible to her mate. 

"I will collect every facet of the truth. But from someone more central to the story" Aro says to his brother.

Aro looks around and spots something unusual. The immortal child with Edward's mate and a newborn. Aro then looks over at Edward and gives out his usual creepy smile.

"Ahh, Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate and, umm, the newborn. I assume you've involved" Aro states looking at Edward.

Edward turns to look at Bella, his daughter, and mother then makes his way towards Aro. Passing his son, Carlisle wishes Edward good luck. Carlisle stands next to his mate, his daughter-in-law, and granddaughter. They all watch Edward walk towards Aro, Bella shields Edward with her powers. Once Edward reaches Aro he extends his hand so that Aro could read him. Aro takes Edward's hand and used his powers to read Edward's thoughts and realized that Renesmee is in fact, not an immortal child. But as Aro's sees the past he also gets to witnesses, the newborn, Amelia's powers and her relationship with wolves and the others. Aro let's go of Edward's hand and stared at Edward then he stares back at Edward.