Chapter 13: See You Again

The days passed by like nothing was wrong, like we weren't in the middle of a war. We went on with our lives as if it was normal, but nothing was normal. Every day we were all training, Bella and I trained with our new found gifts. And every day we were getting better and better. Since Peter, Charlotte, and Garrett had the most experience with fighting other powerful vampires they were the ones to show us strategies to defeat our enemies. Sams and Jake's pack would be over every day to train with us.

As the final day approached I could tell everyone was on edge. You could tell that they were scared of what the future holds. But as the days passed we were all getting to know one another better. We were getting closer, we were laughing, talking, making jokes, we were understanding each other like never before, we were becoming one big family. Another main thing about working together with the wolves was that we realized that we weren't different. The wolves realized that even though some vampires drank human blood, it didn't make them evil. And the vampires realized that not all wolves were trying to kill them. You may even say that we didn't find each other revolting as before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well take care and please do listen to Sue,"I tell Charlie as I help him put his things in the car.

"Hey I'm not a child," Charlie says crossing his arms.

"Of course not but when you go fishing you turn to a child. Always trying to get the biggest fish" I tell him smiling and he rolls his eyes.

Sue and Seth came out with a box and Sue's overnight bag and Bella, Jake, and Nessie followed after them. They came over to us and place the things in the trunk. Sue looks over at Charlie and smiles.

"Ready?" she asked him. The way Charlie looks at her makes my dead heart warm and if it would beat, I know it'll skip a beat because the way Charlie looks at her is just to damn adorable.

"Whenever you are" he replies smiling at her.

We're all looking at them in aw, Charlie and Sue look over at us staring at them. Sue looks down embarrassed and Charlie looks aways blushing. I felt Nessie pull on my shirt I look down at her and she signals me closer to her.

"I told you Grandpa likes Sue" she whispers in my ear. I pull away and smile and the others heard her. Sue, Jake, and Seth both laughed, Bella and Leah smiled, and Charlie blushes even more.

"You're one smart kid," I said patting her head. She looks up at me smiling. Charlie clears his throat and we all look at him.

"Well we should be heading off," he says and he turns to Leah and Seth.

"Please, no party at the house," he said mostly at Seth.

"Of course not," Seth said smiling.

"I'll make sure he doesn't make a mess," Leah said smiling.

"Thank you," Charlie said to Leah and Leah nods. Sue looks at her children and gave them a sad loving smile.

"Come here you two," she tells her children opening up her arms.

Both Leah and Seth went over to their mother, ever since Leah spend time with us she and her mother had a better relationship. I guess not spending time with your family has you thinking what's really important in life.

"You two are my world. Always remember that I love you guys so much. And I know your father is proud of you guys" Sue whispers to her kids.

They hugged for a little while and after Sue pulls away with tears in her eyes. She kissed Leah and Seth's cheeks and once again hugged them. Leah and Seth both told their mother goodbye. Sue walks over to Jake hugged and kissed his cheek, told him that she's proud of him and to be careful. Sue then turns over to Bella hugged her and told her that she'll take care of Charlie. Bella hugged her and said that she's happy that Charlie has her in his life. Sue went over to Nessie and picked her up. She hugged her and kissed her cheek. Last but not least Sue turns to me and smiles. She comes over and hugs me tight.