Chapter 7: you're not a newborn

As we waited for Bella and Edward to return we were talking about random things. I was sitting on Carlisle's lap talking with Esme and Alice about Edwards and Bella's new home. We found this cute empty cottage near the house. It gave them enough privacy and yet they were close to us. Esme decorated the house except for Nessie's room, I did that and Alice picked out Bella's and Nessie's clothes. Oh, another thing, Jake started to call Renesmee, Nessie and it kinda stuck with me. I mean Renesmee is a pretty long name. And knowing Bella, she isn't going to like that nickname.

"So how long do you think they'll be out?" Emmett says smirking.

"Don't know maybe the whole night?" Jake says. I turn to them.

"Shouldn't you be moping around that Bella's with Edward right about now?" I say making everyone laugh.

"Bite me," Jake says glaring at me.

"Ew, no thanks, don't like the taste of bad dog" I smirk and Emmett boomed out laughing.

"Bro, she got you," Embry says laughing.

"Dude she's dissing you too," Jake said slapping Embry's head.

"You're such an idiot," I say laughing at them.

"But seriously how long do you think?" Jake asked me.

"Knowing Bella she would want to come home as soon as possible. She's gonna want to be with her daughter" I say

Jake frowns and the others look at each other worried.

"Do you think we should let Bella close to Renesmee. I mean she's a newborn" Rose says looking around.

It was quiet, everyone was probably thinking the same. Is it safe? I sigh.

"For peep sake, this is Bella we're talking about. She couldn't even hurt a fly even if she wanted too. Vampire or not. And besides a mother would never harm her child" I say

"But we still need to be cautious," Jasper says looking at me. I sigh and nod.

"A practice dummy?" Embry suggested.

We were all thinking who would be the dummy and suddenly we all turn to look at Jake, who was staring at the floor thinking. He notices that we were all staring, he looks up and looks around. Wondering why are we staring at him. Once his eyes reached mine, he finally understood why. His eyes widen and I smiled even more.

"Why me?" he asked with his shoulders down.

"Because you're Renesmee's imprint and as her imprint, it's your job to protect her from any harm," I say with a huge smile.

"Aw man," Jake says making everyone laugh.

"Jake's the practice dummy," Embry says roll laughing.

We all stop once we hear Edward and Bella coming towards the house. Jake and I stood up and head outside. Standing on the porch, waiting for them to come. Edward and Bella came out of the woods and I turn to Jake patting his shoulder.

"Dummy, you're up," I say.

"I'm so gonna get you back," he says walking down the steps.

"You're still here," Bella says smiling at Jake.

"So are you. I didn't expect you to seem so... you. Well except for those creepy eyes." Jake said as he went walking towards them.

"I would... I would keep my distance for now" Bella said.

"It would be safer for the baby to see how you do with me first," Jake said looking back at me. I smiled at him and he rolls his eyes.

"Since when do you care about my daughter," Bella asked him confused.