Chapter 8: Immortal Child

The following day Jake came back and told us what he did with Charlie. He exposed himself to Charlie, telling him everything letting him know that he turns into a wolf. Saying that Charlie took it okay.

"I solved the problem, you two were leaving," Jake says looking at me and Bella. 

"What did you expect me to do?" Jake asked.

"You don't realize the danger you've put him in. The Volturi will kill anyone who knows about us" Bella told Jake.

"No, I didn't tell him about you or Amelia, just me. I only said that Bella was different" Jake says. 

"And that we have a niece who we adopted," Edward says to Jake.

"Seriously Jake, he's not going to let that go," Bella said to Jake.

"Did you consider the physical pain you put Bella through? It'll be like sticking a white-hot branding iron down her throat. And that's assuming she can control her thirst" Edward explains to him.

"Amelia did it" Jake points at me.

"Because she had time, Bella is only a few days old. Besides Amelia isn't like any regular newborn. She's different" Rose says coming into the living room with Nessie.

"Look, Charlie's been in hell and I know you two will be much happier with him in your lives" 

"Jake, don't try and pretend you're doing this for anyone but yourself," Edward said.

"Sorry, you feel that way. Because... he'll be here in about 10 minutes" Jake announced making my eyes widen. 

No one said anything, we were all trying to progress this information down. Charlie will be here in less than 10 minutes. Jake stares at me and the others follow his movement. I was sitting down with my arms crossed, thinking.

"You've been quiet" Jake pointed out and I didn't reply. 

"You would have chewed me out right about now. Why haven't you said anything?" Jake asked looking at me. 

Once again I didn't say anything, I just stared at him. Wondering if he's really that stupid. 

"Why don't you ever make anything easy for us?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry," Jake said staring at me with his guilty eyes. 

"I know you are but.... (sighing), you can't keep doing this, Jake. I know, Jake I know you are. Do you understand that Bella doesn't fully have control of her thirst right now? Yeah, she may be calm right now but what if when Charlie comes and she loses control? Jake somethings you got to stop and think for a second. (rubbing my face) I mean we can try it. See how it works out, I guess"I say rubbing my neck.

"Are you serious?" Rose asked in disbelief.

"I mean what else are we gonna do? He already told Charlie about him being a massive dog. (turns to Jake) are you sure you didn't mention anything about vampires?" I asked him.

"No, I swear," Jake says shaking his head and I sigh.

"Well, let's get Bella prepared,"I say standing up. Jake comes running towards me and hugs me. 

"I swear if you do another stupid thing, Jake. I might be the one to break the treaty" I say.

"Oh you love me too much to do that," he says backing away.

"Are you sure about that?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Pretty sure" he smirks.

"Don't count your lucky stars yet," I say walking to my room to get Bella extra brown contacts. I came back to the living room and everyone was there waiting for my return. I gave Alice the contact so she can put them on, Bella.