Chapter 5: Promises

Edward's POV:

Carlisle, Bella and I were in Carlisle's office, he and Kellan turned it into a medical room for Bella. We were looking at Bella's x-rays and it wasn't looking well.  

"Your rib is cracked but there aren't any splinters. You haven't puncture anything" Carlisle tells Bella.

"Yet" I commented.  

Can she not see that it's killing her. That this thing is taking away my Bella. 

"Edward," Carlisle says but I look at Bella.

"It's breaking her bones now. It's crushing you from the inside out. Carlisle tells her what you told me and Amelia. Tell her." I tell him. She needs to know, she needs to know what it's doing to her.

"Carlisle you can tell me. It's alright" Bella says to him. You can barely hear her voice, from how weak she is. Carlisle sighs and turns to her.

"The fetus isn't compatible with your body. It's too strong. It's wont to allow you to get the nutrition you need. It's starving you by the hour. I can't stop it and I can't slow it down. At this rate, your heart will give out before you can deliver." Carlisle informs her. 

"What does Amelia say?" Bell asked Carlisle.

"She says that you'll make it," Carlisle says. Amelia has always seen the brighter side of things even though most of the time, things always went south. 

"Then she's right. I'll hold on as long as I can then..." 

"Bella, there are some conditions that even venom can't overcome. You understand? I'm sorry" Carlisle says before leaving Bella and me.

"Edward I'm sorry," Bella said. 

I shake my head. "I can't live without you,"I tell her as I look out the window.

"You won't. You'll have Amelia and our baby. You're gonna have a part of me. He'll need you." Bell says with tears in her eyes.

"Do you honestly think that I would love it or even tolerate it if it killed you?" I asked her. 

"Amelia will be there to help you. She'll be there to help you love him. It's not his fault. You have to accept what is." She tells me. I got angry, I couldn't accept that she decided to leave me with this thing, never.

"Because you have given me no choice. Mother was right, we're supposed to be partners, remember? But you decided to leave me, your husband. You decided to leave her, our mother, your best friend, the only person who has been there for you. You're leaving us." I yell at her, hoping she'll change her mind.

"Don't see it that way" she calmly says. 

"I have no other way to see it 'cause it's me and Amelia who are losing you. And I don't choose that and I know she doesn't either. You don't know what's this is doing to me or her, Bella. You think she's okay but she's not. I don't choose to lose you." I said before leaving her in the room. 

As I walk out of the room, Rose goes inside. I walk outside the house taking a moment to think to breathe, progress what will happen. I hear Amelia come outside, she leans on the railing and stays here with me without saying anything. 

"Yell at me if you want, I don't care,"I tell her after a few minutes in silence. I turn to look at her and she's smiling.

"I'm not going to yell at you... might call you some names but not yell," she says smiling at me. 

I smile at her, she has been my favorite from the beginning. She's good for my father, he's so calm and patient and she isn't. They're so the opposite and yet they're perfect for each other. She's has brought a new feeling in this house, she was the missing piece in our family.