Part 10

Different languages - Korean : English : Chinese : Thai : Japanese

Slowly opening my eyes, I pulled my warm sheets closer around me. It had started to get colder and I had made the mistake of wearing shorts to bed. The cool air poured through my slightly opened window sending shivers down my bare legs. Something seemed off but at least it was quiet. I enjoyed the silence for a few minutes, reflecting on what had happened to my life recently. I was going to debut, I had met some amazing idols, I had a group. Breathing in the outside air I felt content.

Until it hit me. It was completely silent.

Was no one awake? My Unnies got up pretty early. I rolled over to check my alaram clock.

OMO

It was 1:30 in the morning. I tried to get back to sleep for a few minutes and I realised it wasn't going to happen.

Why was I so awake? Well might as well use this time for good use. Why not go for a run?

I got changed into some running clothes. I was cold but I didn't want to make the mistake of wearing a jumper and then dying from the heat.

(Above)

I plugged in my headphones and left a note for my members in case I was gone for too long. Even when I lived in Australia I had loved going for runs early in the morning. There was just something peaceful about being one of the only people awake.

Pluggin in my head phones I started a playlist I had made of all of my friends songs. Ironically the first song that started to play was BTS Run. I took it as a good omen and set off.

(DASI RUN RUN RUN)

*****

I was outside of the idol area and running through the streets of Seoul. Looking back I really shouldn't have ventured that far but with the music in my head I couldn't really think of anything. I noticed some drunk guys up ahead so I tried to quicken my pace to quickly run by them. I was so focused on getting past that I didn't realise one of them had stuck their foot out onto the pavement.

I couldn't stop myself as I went head first onto the sidewalk. The impact of my forehead onto the concrete was horrible. As I lifted my head I brought up my hand and, yep, there was blood. Remembering my current situation, I tried to get up and start running again.

Unfortunately a hand held me back.

"Where are you going, pretty lady," one of the men whispered directly into my ear, sending shivers down my spine, "don't you want to have some fun?" I felt so uncomfortable with these guys just staring at me. I had studied various self defense in the past but in the moment my mind had gone completely blank. It was the most vulnerable I had every felt. One of his hands came to rest at my waist bringing my senses back to life. Using some of my martial arts knowledge I managed to flip him over.

I looked around. There must have been at least 5 guys all stumbling around like idiots. I could take a few but definitely not all of them. Another tried to move towards my so I hit him too all while trying to run in the opposite direction. Without realising someone else had snuck up behind me and pinned me to the wall. He was stronger than the others and much taller than me. There was nothing I could do.

"Feisty, I like it," He said, practically breathing down my throat. We were only inches apart and he reeked of alcohol. I was all I could do to not throw up in his face.

Would've been funny though.

He leant in and I closed my eyes trying to shrink back as much as possible. Suddenly, the man was punched and someone grabbed my hand.

"RUN"

We ran off and I barely had time to figure out who my mysterious saviour was.

*****

As we made it a far distance away from the men we stopped for breath. Heavily panting I turned to my left.

"Yoongi?" I said, shocked at who it was, "What are you doing here."

"Saving you," He answered, still with the same cold expression. How could h act like nothing happened?

"Shouldn't you be with your group," I asked, still confused as to why he was here.

"Shouldn't you say thank you," He demanded, before sighing, "I always go on walks when I am having a hard time with inspiration." So he writes his songs too. You know, him and Woozi have a lot in common.

Look similar.

Kind if cold but still cute.

Genius composers.

They could pass for brothers.

"Well, thank you," I muttered while giving him a small but awkward hug. Although It was still kind of dark I swear he blushed. Must have been the sun that was turning the sky red. 

We walked back to the dorm in silence. Every so often I would quickly glance to my left and make contact with his brown eyes before we both turned out head away. Ever since I was little I had been pretty good at reading people. Yoongi seemed a little sad but determined. I wondered what that could mean. Before I knew It we had reached our dorm. We once again shared an awkward hug.

"Thank you again," I added before turning towards my dorm.

I checked my watch as saw that it wa- 

5:00 am. OH NO. My members are probably worried, I said i'd be back at 4:00am. 

"Sorry, got to go, members, worried, I am late," I said not having enough time to form full sentences. I ran back into the house and open the door as  quietly as possible. A had a small celebratory dance as I couldn't hear any of my members. Until- 

"Y/N, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" Hyorin Unnie yelled, loud enough to wake up most of the idols that lived in this area.

"Well lets see, I went for a run, then some drunk guys tried to, you know, do stuff but Suga from BTS saved me and now I am back here," I explained, sarcastically adding, "you know, the usual."

Hyorin Unnies angry expression softened into a worried one as she checked me too see if I was hurt. Ever the over protective Unnie. I can see why she is our leader.

As she tended to the cut on my forehead and the scrape on my knee I thought about what would have happened if Yoongi wasn't there. No need to worry about that now. It's just good that he was.