Part 25

Different languages - Korean : English : Chinese : Thai : Japanese
*****

Y/N pov

"I wonder when we will be eating," Eunsook Unnie questioned, clutching her stomach dramatically, "I am so hungry."

I felt my stomach rumble as if in response to her words. Before I could voice my agreement I was cut off by the producers.

"Everyone!"

The clearing slowly fell silent as the idols all turned to face the producer standing on a table.

"There are still a few things we need to work out," the producer shouted, his voice bouncing around the silent clearing, "you can all talk amongst yourselves."

The producer hopped off the table and moved away to figure the problems out. The groups looked around warily, no one wanting to speak first. Eventually, someone from Got7 shouted something and the chatting resumed as normal.

Unsure of what to do in the meantime, I looked around for my friends in Twice and Blackpink. I spotted Tzuyu over with her group and made my way over to her through the crowd. Quietly, I snuck up behind her and tickled her. She shrieked loud enough to wake the dead and I almost fell to the ground laughing.

Tzuyu turned around, her face smushed in an adorable pout. It took her a second to figure out the culprit of the tickle attack but when she realised it was me her eyes softened.

"Yah," Tzuyu said, playfully punching my shoulder, "you know I hate being tickled."

"And that's exactly why I keep doing it," I explained, moving in for a hug. It was still crazy seeing Tzuyu like this. She seemed so different yet exactly the same as when we were kids.

"How are you feeling about the show?" I asked her as we pulled apart.

"Well...I'm not very good at this type of thing," Tzuyu confessed, "usually I just keep quiet and let the funnier members speak."

I tried to formulate a comforting response as Tzuyu stared at the ground, not meeting my eyes. 

"That's okay," I assured her, unsure of what else to say, "everyone is different."

I mentally cursed myself for saying the most generic thing ever. Like that was going to make her feel any better.

"I guess so," she agreed, nodding her head, "how are you feeling about it?"

I was about to give a nonchalant answer before I seriously considered the question. How was I feeling about the show? We were just rookies yet all of the hype and buzz forced us under a certain amount of pressure. Even just being in the same show as this many well-known and professional groups was a daunting task.

I was spiraling into my thoughts when Tzuyu tapped me on the shoulder. She was staring at me questioningly with worry in her eyes. I motioned for her to follow me and I moved to a table that was far enough away from the other groups before beginning to speak.

"To be honest I am super nervous," I confessed, "there is all this pressure to be funny and make people laugh. I don't know if I can do it. We already have so many people loving and hating us and I just can't please everyone."

I let out a breath to stop the shake in my voice.

"I always try to make people laugh but sometimes I feel as if I am just being annoying," I finished, wiping at my eyes.

Tzuyu enveloped me in a hug and patted my back. I leaned into her and tried to calm down.

"Y/N, I have known you forever and you are one of the funniest people I have met," She assured me, "but there will always be people that don't appreciate your sense of humour. We just need to focus on people who love you and your personality."

I let her words sink in for a moment, trying to get myself to believe them. We sat there together before I was done with being serious.

"Since when did you get so wise," I joked, trying to lift the sombre mood.

"Since my best friend needed some advice," Tzuyu replied, a slight smile crossing over her face. We broke apart and before I could say something I heard a voice behind me.

"Can I be a part of this friendship circle?"

I turned around immediately recognising the voice of my other best friend.

"Sorry, I don't think we have any room," I teased, before motioning for Rose to sit down, "of course you can."

Rose sat down on the other side of the table leaving an awkward pause. I waited for a few seconds before realising no one was going to talk. Taking the initiative I spoke first.

"So, do you guys know each other or what?" I asked in a feeble attempt to break the growing silence between the group. Tzuyu and Rose both began to talk simultaneously.

"Well..."

"Kinda..."

"Oh, you go first"

"No, you go"

"No really, you go"

Before their awkward exchange could last any longer I cut them both off.

"Okay, I will address one of you then," I said slowly, making sure they understood, "so Tzuyu, do you know Rose?"

Tzuyu glanced over at Rose before turning back to answer.

"I mean I have seen her around at music broadcasts and stuff but we haven't really talked before," Tzuyu explained, looking at Rose for further confirmation.

"Yeah, we haven't interacted that much," Rose agreed, nodding her head absently.

"Well, today is the day," I said excitedly, clapping my hands together, "let's play a game. All you do is answer the question asked as quickly as possible."

Rose and Tzuyu nodded tentatively, unsure of what they were getting themselves into. I could already feel the devilish smile on my face.

This was going to be fun.