Part 16

Different languages - Korean : English : Chinese : Thai : Japanese

I ran all the way back to my room, my heart still thumping. What did he think he was doing? I guess I will just avoid him for the rest of today. When I walked into the room I found the hair and makeup stylists waiting for me. Pulling out my phone, I sat down and went through some news.

The door opened and I pretended to not notice. Th sound of footsteps got louder until I could tell that Hyorin unnie was behind me.

"Care to explain what just happened Y/N," Hyorin unnie demanded.

"What do you mean, unnie?" I said, pretending to not understand.

"I am talking about your little run just before," Hyorin unnie pressed.

"Can we talk about this later," I asked and Hyorin unnie nodded in defeat. I sat and let the stylists beautify me before being ushered out of my seat. I went into a trance as I got changed and went for rehearsal. All through practice I couldn't stop thinking about what happened. What if he tried something again?

"Y/N, are you okay?" Dahee unnie asked," I called you like 5 times,"

"Yeah, just spacing out," I answered while trying to pull myself together. The rest of the rehearsal ran smoothly without me making any more mistakes. We all went back to our dressing room. As we were alone, Hyorin once again brought up the topic of me running from Taeyong.

"So Y/N, why did you run away from Taeyong?" Hyorin unnie asked. The other members all turned to me in confusion. To clear everything up unnie started to explain.

"Well, Y/N and Taeyong  were talking and someone accidently locked the door. I found them and opened the door but instead of Y/N thanking me she ran off." Hyorin unnie explained, "It was like you were afraid of him."

Everyone's gazes returned to me, their expressions questioning. I took a few deep breaths and started to tell them what really happened.

"Well, I went to visit BTS and on my way back I got suddenly pulled into a room. It was Taeyong. He locked the door and confessed his love for me or something. As he started to move towards me, I pushed him away and ran off. He cornered me and got really close," I explained, my words shaky, "that was when you opened the door, and that's why I ran away from him."

The room was silent for a good 5 seconds. Suddenly all members jumped on top of me and gave me a group hug. I was bombarded with questions like 'Are you okay', 'did he hurt you' and one particularly enthusiastic one from Eunsook unnie, 'I'll kill him'.

"I'm fine, really guys," I assured them, removing myself from the tangle we were in. Just as I was about to further distance myself from my overprotective members there was a knock at the door.

"Melody, you're on in five."

I headed straight out the door not bothering to check if my members were behind me. I just had to focus on something else. Today was the day of my debut not a sad day. I still couldn't get it out of my head until I reached the stage. All those people were cheering for my group. I couldn't let them down by acting distracted. I managed to clear my head and just focused on the performance ahead of me.

*****

Going on stage was the most amazing experience in my life. To have people cheering you on while you do something you love is amazing. The song felt so short.

As we came off the stage, I congratulated my members on a job well done. We were one of the later performances so we would have to come back soon to see who won. We were doing really well on the charts but I still expected BTS to win. There are so popular and they worked so hard. I would be happy if they won.

We went back to our room and I prepared myself for more questions. As soon as we sat down Hyorin started.

"Will you be okay up on stage with him? He is one of the MCs." Hyorin asked as the other members nodded along.

"I will be fine, I just need a walk," I said. Without waiting for my members to protest, I went for a walk to one of the buildings balconies. I sat there with my head in my hands contemplating what to do. Just as I decided that I couldn't do it someone walked up behind me.

"I said I was fine," I said to someone I thought was one of my unnies.

"Um..it's not like I don't believe you but I don't believe you," a male voice said. I was taken aback. Who was the rando behind me. I turned around to look.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Doyoung"

"Hey you know who I am, that is a good start, now what's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing," I replied. It's not like I could tell him, it was his leader why would he believe me.

"Yeah right," he snorted, "but you don't have to tell me. It might make you feel better though."

Might as well. I just wouldn't tell him who it was.

"Well, there was this guy.." I start to say until he interrupted me.

"Idol or no?" he asked.

"Idol, now stop interrupting me," I ordered, "So he-"

"Is he famous, like really famous?," Doyoung asked, "Do I know him?"

"Yes, he is really famous as yes you know him. Now please can I just finish my story," I asked, and Doyoung quietened down," So I was walking back from BTS's dressing room and before you ask, yes I am friends with BTS, we go to the same school. While I was walking back I was pulled into a room and the door was locked. When I turned around I saw this idol. He said he loved me and advanced towards me. I got scared, pushed him and tried to run away. Eventually he cornered me and got really close to my face. Thankfully one of my members opened the door and I got away."

"Wow...that must have sucked," Doyoung pointed out.

"Thanks captain obvious, but yeah it did," I confessed.

"Well, have you told any staff or managers about it," he asked.

"No, I only told my members, It's not like anyone would believe me," I explained, "He is a Sunbae and I am just a rookie."

"Here's an idea, tell me who it is and I will help you beat him up," Doyoung stated, causing me to chuckle, "I am serious."

"I don't think you would," I said.

"Yes I would."

"No you wouldn't."

"Why wouldn't I...oh don't tell me it's one of my group mates," Doyoung exclaimed, while I tried and failed to hide my facial expression, "Oh my gosh it is, well that means its either Taeyong, Jaehyun or Jisung."

"I have to go," I said before rushing off. I heard Doyoung yelling but I couldn't go back. He was too close to finding out who it is. I guess I have to avoid him too now.
*****
Doyoung POV

Hmm...

Jisung is a no, he is too young to do that sort of thing. Jaehyun wouldn't do something like that. He is too clear headed. No, the one who would make rash decisions is...

"Taeyong!"

"Yes?" Taeyong responded. What was he doing here? Now I can't even look him in the eye.

"Umm.. you know when you were gone for a while earlier," I asked.

"Yeah,"

"Where did you go?" I asked.

"I went to go meet Melody," Taeyong answered. It was close to the truth.

"Well, didn't you say Y/N is your bias," I pressed, "did you get to meet her?"

"Actually, I did," Taeyong answered with a smirk. I can't believe he did that. How can I stand to be around him?

"Well I've got to go, bye," I said, quickly exiting before I asked him about it straight up. I can't believe he is my groupmate. He is usually so nice. I guess love does weird things to people.

*****

Hey guys,

Hope you are enjoying the story!

That's all,

~Author nim