Dress Rehearsal

"Is this okay?"

"Just stay still," you tell Jungkook, who's fidgeting below you in his chair.

Starting with his makeup, you lay out all the necessary items, only taking a glance at the concept paper. It's easy to see what they're going for based on the pallet of makeup you have set up on the table, so you start immediately. Although the makeup looks almost invisible to the crowd, it definitely is noticeable up close.

You don't have to tell Jungkook again to sit still since the first time. He sits like a statue, which kind of creeps you out, but you're just glad his eyes are focused on something behind you.

Lightly tapping the brush above his eyelid, he gets the hint that you're beginning your work on his eye and closes them.

"Jungkook," you finally say.

His eyes meet with yours and he cocks his head to the side. "Yes?"

You're still unsure of how he hasn't gotten the hint that you want him to close his eyes, especially since the brush is hovering just centimeters away from his eyeball. "Could you-?" You motion with your hand towards the brush that you're about to use.

"Could I what?" He asks. You see him smirk a bit, but it happens too quick for you to notice fully or pay attention to it.

Baffled that he is still not getting it, you let out an angry sigh. "Close your eyes!"

"Oh!" he asks as if he's just realizing that now. Finally closing his lids, he lets out a small chuckle that's all too easy for you to hear.

By that point you know he knew what you had wanted. You feel like a fool for falling for his charades, so you take it upon yourself to be extra forceful when applying his eye shadow. Of course, it wasn't that big of deal, but you decide to play with him a little like he did to you.

"N-Noona," he finally lets out when you've only put the base color on his lid.

You take one last swipe at his eye before responding, "Yes?"

"Isn't that a lit-little rough?" His eyes squint when you go in with the next color.

Your face turns into an evil grin. "Why, I just wanted to get an even coat. I'm sorry, should I start over?"

"NO!" he almost shouts, eyes still scrunched up. "It's fine."

"Okay," you say sweetly. "Next eye!"

With a tap from your brush on the pallet, you swiftly move to work on his next eye. You swear you hear Jungkook sigh under his breath.

***

"Now go get dressed before I start on your hair," you order Jungkook who's still adjusting his eyes and blinking constantly. Smiling to yourself, you lower the salon chair so he can get up.

He moves his hands up, looking like he's about to rub his eyes.

"STOP!" you screech while grabbing both of his wrists from traveling up any further.

Flinching at the sudden contact, Jungkook looks just as surprised as you were. "What's wrong?"

"What do you think you're doing? You can't rub your eyes after I just spent all that time working on them!" You puff out your chest knowingly, "you'd ruin them!"