Get Up

Makeup. What is it?

Makeup: A cosmetic used to cover and alter the faults that people are naturally given.

It does live up to it's name while on someones features, but one thing it cannot do is rid of them completely. No matter how much you try to cover up your faults, they're still there, underneath it all. They will still be there when the makeup is removed, like how they remain even while it is on. Just like emotions. You can try to cover and hide them, but they will always be there no matter how hard you try to keep them at bay.

The perfect idol. The perfect friend. The perfect son.

All of these have a line in which one can't cross. Once that person reaches that point, they're stuck in place no matter what they do. Moving passed it is unobtainable; it simply can't be helped. Some understand that line, others don't.

-

Jungkook's POV

2011 Superstar K3

"Please remove your jacket," a man says behind a camera suddenly. Jungkook was on standby at the time, so the sudden appearance of the camera caught him off guard. "Please briefly introduce yourself and then we'll start."

Setting his jacket on the ground, Jungkook nervously pulls down his white long sleeve shirt, a piece of paper with his audition number taped to the front of it. "I'm Jeon Jungkook and I'm 13 years old. Please take care of me." Folding his hands in front of him, he asks, "Can I start from the middle part?"

"Yes. Please do it." The same man responds.

Then he starts. The song he chose was 2 AM's "This Song."

This was his first audition and he was nervous to say the least. He began singing nonetheless, harmonizing to nothing but his own voice. It didn't help, however, that there was noise coming all around him in different rooms and different people. All of it felt wrong.

But he kept singing the best he could."The only thing I can give you is this song."

Not knowing what to do with his hands, he puts them in front of himself once again, fidgeting with his fingers. After a couple short verses and questions from the man, the other person behind the camera says, "You've worked hard," signaling that the audition is done.

Bowing, he picks up his jacket before exiting the small room with low hope.

***

After the audition in which he failed to pass the elimination round and his audition wasn't even on the broadcast, he was surprised when not only one agency reached out to him, but eight. Several different idol companies viewed his performance, and were wowed by his skills.

That left him with the most difficult decision he's ever had to make in his 13 years on this planet. Although, he knew exactly which one he wanted after seeing one person.

That person was Kim Namjoon, a rapper from the company BigHit Entertainment.

He knew at that moment where he was going to go. And that was BigHit. The amazing skills of the rapper was enough to sway him to become a trainee there.