Won't Let Go

"What answer?"

"Noona," his eyes flicker up to meet yours, a suppressed, boyish grin on his slightly puckered lips. "I want to take you on a date."

Going back to lightly brushing the tips of his fingers against your hands, he nervously looks up at you with hopeful eyes. Sighing and genuinely pondering over his proposition, you look at his brown orbs that make you want to say yes so badly.

But then reality brings you back down from the place he floated you up to. "That's impossible. I mean we're—"

"Noona," he coos softly, gripping your hand fully. His head, turned to the side, attempts to meet your wondering gaze. "Noona, look at me." And so you do. "I like you."

Opening your mouth, no words come out. You're completely in wonder at how this single boy that you hardly know continues to make you feel so distressed. He makes you want to tear away from your values and just be reckless and free.

"I-" and before you're able to give your answer that you yourself wasn't sure of, a voice interrupts. Typical.

"Jungkook!" Someone calls, probably one of the other boys that are now outside and making their way to the boat dock.

Smirking at you one last time, he squeezes your hand. "I won't give up." He says confidently, with the same, toothy grin. "I won't let go, just watch."

Smiling one last time at you, he breaks away and runs down with the others.

***

Today is the day that you finally get to go to Black Island to film one of bulk pieces for the Summer Package.

Like the other times, you reach the island by boat, having to take two trips to account for all the crew, and this time the small water vehicle is a lot quicker across the glass-like sea.

Still getting acquainted with the feeling of being on a boat, much to your surprise, all the different plane rides you've been on as a result of this job have prepped you from your usual motion sickness tendencies.

You actually find the reoccurring boat rides more relaxing than anything. Maybe it's because of the view that's like no other. Or maybe it's just the thought that your destination is somewhere new and different. It entices you more than you would've ever thought.

Or maybe it's something as simple as the meaningless questions you have about the unknown place prior to your arrival.

What does the water look like on that side? What does the sand feel like? Does the sun shine as brightly over there?

Those answers are shortly awaiting you as you step out onto the, sure enough, fine sand. So much so, that it feels like it could all be blown away with just a single puff of air.

However, your time to take in the view is quickly shortened when the directors waste no time in moving the process along. And before you know it, the crew has set up all the necessary equipment and the boys are undergoing a short safety lesson as they prepare for the first activity: scuba diving.

In the end only Jin, Yoongi, and Taehyung ended up going.

You decide upon watching the other four who chose to go snorkeling instead, finding humor is how silly each of them look with the ridiculous gear on.