good bye, my love

Veronica Lodge

Friday

"Ronnie, ready your bags. We're leaving on Saturday night." Mom shouted as I lay on my bed peacefully listening to my friend's rant about the dress we've just bought a while ago.

"To where, Mom? Is it Paris?" I asked excitedly like I've never been in Paris but seeing Paris again feels so good and exciting

"No, mija. We're leaving New York." I looked surprised but I don't believe her at first.

"What? Are you kidding me?! Tell me now mom." I asked angrily as I stormed out of my room.

"No more complaints. Pack now or I'll freeze your cards, membership, and your lovely car."

"Mom this is, of course, a freaking joke." I said as I listened to her every words.

"Oh no, mija. So do it now or else. We're in danger. Your dad got arrested and we need to stay out of the sight of his enemies. It's business world, my child." I stood there as I absorbed her words and slowly I moved.

"I thought he's getting out today?" I asked and the she quickly answered, "No, this is more serious. His business partners want to take him down by framing him. Just pack your things."

My father got arrested for some unknown reasons, we received letters and e-mails, saying terrible things about us and some things that they will us, some said that dad is a thief, mom is a clueless socialite, and I'm the spoiled rich-bitch ice princess.

And what hurt the most about it is that everything they are saying is partly true. Yes, well I am a spoiled rich-bitch, you could say that but threatening to kill us scares me.

I don't know about my father's business if he's doing some shits but it hurts me and my reputation. The only thing I know is we own some buildings like hotels, apartments and cafès but I don't know the other part of it.

And now what will they say about me? Daughter of a criminal? Oh no, I don't like it. This is not the first time that this thing happened. We could get bail dad out of the jail with money but his enemies are out there, hunting him and us.

I'm a girl who's living in the the city from the very first time I opened my eyes and now we're going to Riverdale a town far far away from my New York, my beloved city.

I never want to leave city but because of dad we're going to move for good. NYC is the most beautiful city ever, who wants to leave it?