changes

"How long is this meeting?" I whispered to Nica and she glared at me while she whispered, "We haven't discussed anything yet." I cannot do this anymore. Me and him working together? I can't imagine working with him with my state like this.

She looked at me suspiciously as I smirked then her jaw dropped. I looked at her suspiciously, "You have some hickies in your neck!" She starting smirking at me creepily.

WHAAAAT. MYGOSH. I don't even know that I have those. I shower really quick in the stranger's condo and and I didn't even have time to look at the mirror. Is that why Jughead is looking at me? Does he think that I'm a—nvm it's my reputation especially whenever I am drunk.

"Fuck, what?" I whispered to her. "Focus on the meeting, first," She said seriously trying not to laugh. Damn her.

I looked back at the projector but I can see Jughead still staring at me sensually and smirking at the me. I guess he's insulting my outfit or judging me. I don't know, he's hard to read. It's like he's really a stranger now to me.

"I am really looking forward in working with you, Mr. Forsythe Pendleton "Jughead" Jones III. I don't know if I pronounced it right," I said as shaking his hand but he squeezed it so tightly. My whole body is electrified by his touch.

We're both professional now. Of course, I should set aside my freaking stupid emotions and treat him professionally.

"Same with you, Ms. Veronica Cecilia Lodge," He said coldly to me as if we're stranger and yes maybe we are. I walked faster than Nica wanting to leave that meeting office.

My god he is suffocating me, "Nica, just wait me in the parking lot." I went straight to the powder room to refresh my face. My head still hurts af. Then, I went straight to the elevator.

I was alone waiting for the elevator to open but then Jughead was right beside me as we both wait. We were silently standing as I scan his reflection on the doors. He's still that gorgeous.

Everything has really changed, huh. We're back to being strangers. I didn't know that breaking up means like this. The silence was killing me until I jumped because my phone rang.

"Why do you call at this time? Did you miss me already?" I asked teasing him, I smiled when he laughed barkly. Thanks Reggie Mantle, you saved me from this awkwardness.

"Fuck no. Assuming much? I just want you to know that I am sending you flowers from Korea but I did order it at NYC," He said cockily as he laughed. We finally got to the elevator and we are alone too. How good is that.

"Wow, from this moment forward, I just realized that you're great," I said laughing quietly. Cause I didn't want to disturbed the person beside me.

"It's your first ever project in NYC. Soooo congrats," He said sincerely then I replied, "Thanks, Mantle. Talk to you later?"

"Sure," He said as I ended the call. And I pressed the parking ground floor. When Jug pressed it too, our fingers touched. Awkward.

Trying to start the conservation I said, "Uh, that was Reggie. We met three years ago and we're—" He cut me off by looking at me intensely and saying, "I don't care, Ms. Lodge."

Yeah, wow great. Maybe I should just mind my own business. I just wanted a conversation with him. I guess he just cut me off like that.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I just want to—ugh never mind, Jones." I said to him because I am a little bit pissed of how he treated me so coldly. We were friends, it would be nice to get treated like it.

As the ground floor got closer, I moved closer to the door to finally left but then he pressed me in the corner of the elevator, pinning me against it.

"Jones," I said completely shocked at what just he did. He leaned towards me touching my neck with his lips.

"Lodge, you look so good wearing my polo. Should we tell your boyfriend about that too? You clearly remember it." He whispered to me as he left the elevator. I was dumbfounded there before I even realised that he already left.

Oh my freaking gods of Asgard. M-my polo? He meant that I am wearing his polo? Like we did it again last night? That was really him? What? I am going crazy.

"Wait, Jughead!" I said as I ran to chase him but he already disappeared

"Wait, Jughead!" I said as I ran to chase him but he already disappeared. I still ran after him but he still walked like he didn't hear a thing.

"Jones! Can you stop treating me like this?" I shouted at him as I ran to chase him and stop him by holding his wrist.

He looked at me intensely, "Like what? How should I treat you? Like everything is like 4 years ago? Eveything has changed, Lodge. You dumped me, remember? Then you mysteriously disappeared like a ghost."

Wow, it hurts.

"Jughead, can we talk?" I said sincerely even though he has moved on. I want us to be friends even only as friends because I don't like us as a strangers. And about last night, I don't regret anything about it.

"Aren't we talking already? Talk about what? Ah—Don't worry, I will not tell Mantle the thing that happened between us. We're drunk anyways," He sneered to me. While he ran his hands to his head, looking confused and frustrated or what.

Did he think that me and Mantle are—UGH I don't even want to say it—in a relationship?! Oh gosh.

"It's not like that! Jughead, I—" love you and I want you back. I sighed realizing that I almost say the l-word to him making myself look stupid and obsessed to him. Shut your damn mouth, Veronica. Right, It's been four years. How could I still feel the same towards him?

"Forsythe, let's go." His manager said as soon as he saw us. Jug nodded to him waiting me to finish.

"Uhmm, yeah. Sorry for bothering you. You should get going then," I said as I turn my back away from him keeping my sanity together.