IV

Castiel slammed the door behind him, flinching once he realized what he had done. It didn't change his mood at all, not even when his fourteen years old, deaf little brother ran up to him. Instead of bickering at him like he had gotten used to, he just sank down on the couch with a goofy smile on his face.

        'Who are you and what have you done to my brother?' Gabriel signed once he stood in front of the older Novak brother. Castiel looked up and grinned even more.

        'There's a new guy and he's cute but something happened to him. He's one of dad's clients actually. I helped him out while he was having a panic attack and he smiled at me. Dear God, Gabe. It was-'

        "Is it Dean Winchester?" Castiel's eyes left the signing boy and focused on his older sister, who seemed to be doing their father's paperwork. She was smirking, standing on the top of the stairs. Castiel cursed when he felt his cheeks burn up, which was enough proof for Anna. Damn it. "It is, huh?"

        'What are you talking about?' Castiel barely made out the sign language of his younger brother. Anna did as well, and she came down, kneeling down in front of the excited yet confused looking Gabriel.

        "He likes Dean Winchester," she said, articulating more than usual. Gabriel's golden eyes twinkled as he shot Castiel an excited look.

        'His brother is in my class. He knows sign language. He's cool.' Gabriel signed, a smirk on the fourteen-year-old boy's face.  Castiel made a mocking face, which made both his brother and sister laugh.

        "What's that about Dean Winchester I hear?" Castiel looked up, seeing his dad stand where Anna had just stood moments ago. He looked worn out, absolutely exhausted and Castiel knew that he wasn't the only one that was concerned. He shared a look with his sister before their eyes synchronized towards their father.

        "Yeah. Actually, I wanted to talk to you about him," Castiel said, glancing at his sister again. She nodded in approval, and his eyes went back to his father's. The smaller, older man nodded and gestured him to go upstairs. Castiel skipped some steps as he ran up the stairs, following his father. They entered his 'therapy room'.

        "So, what's up with him? Is that the reason why you're home early?"

        "Well, yeah. He had a massive panic attack, at least that's what it looked like. It didn't make any sense why, until I saw burn marks on his neck. His father drove me home as a thank you. Dad, what has happened to him?" Chuck leaned against the table, scratching his beard with a frown. 

        "Son, you know about my doctor-patient confidentiality," he said. Castiel whined like a little child. 

        "But dad. I can't help him if I don't know what happened to him," the child said, pouting slightly at his father's raised eyebrows. 

        "I'm sorry, Castiel. I can't tell you about what happened. He's ashamed of his scars and it's the reason he's moved. If you'd like to know more about him, don't tell him you saw. If you want him to be as happy as he can be, don't tell anyone." Castiel blinked and nodded. 

        "Yeah, of course. I'm not that horrible. Hey, and dad?" Chuck looked up curiously, looking at his worried son. "Is it weird that I like him?" 

        Chuck looked surprised, but a grin made his way on his face. Castiel blushed and looked down. 

        "He needs someone understanding and caring, and if that's what you can provide him, I'd say that's not weird," his father said. Castiel nodded carefully. He chuckled.