XVI

A/N: I accidentally published the unfinished next chapter two days ago, so sorry for that! The next chapters are gonna be somewhat of an emotional Rollercoaster, so beware. Oh, and all terms and laws concerning cybersafety are based on the Dutch/European legislation (GDPR) so if things don't add up, sorreh.

Anyways, enjoy reading!

-----

It had been two weeks since the car accident. Everyday, Dean had feared that Castiel would come back to school and that they would face each other again. That they'd have to talk. It had caused his anxiety to peak significantly, at school as well as at home.

Bobby, who turned out to be visiting them for a short while, had been the one to keep him from breaking. They had repaired Bobby's truck and Castiel's car together, which, in his mind, was the least he could do. It also reduced his guilt towards Castiel and his family.

Chuck and John had been in contact ever since they had visited the hospital. Dean was aware of this, but didn't want to be involved. All he knew was that the Novak children had sworn not to tell a soul about his scars, which they had briefly seen in the text. That didn't stop the sad looks that Gabriel gave him everytime they passed each other at school or when he came over.

The two weeks after the accident were filled with nightmares, worse than they had ever been before. They hadn't changed, except for the fact that Castiel was now burning beside his mother, telling him it was his fault. His self-hatred only increased, as did his fear of seeing the boy again.

Then, after two weeks, his fear came true. Dean felt like the world stopped as the door opened and Castiel walked through. Dean bit his lip when he noticed injuries like the cast around his broken arm and the obvious limp. Football players crowded around him, but he looked like he wanted them all to 'fuck off', as he would say it. Dean's heart broke slightly when analyzing the injuries. They reminded him of the fact that it was his fault, but he couldn't get himself to look away.

Charlie, who stood beside him, put an arm around his shoulder.

"C'mon. Let's go to class," she said quietly, pushing him the other way. Just before he turned around, he noticed Castiel looking at him with so much sadness that it snapped his heart in two all over again. Charlie guided him away as he felt his hands tremble again.

"Hey, Dean-o. Remember that you've got at least one of us in every class. We will try to distract you as much as possible. Don't think about it too much and try not to look at him. Trust me, that will only make it worse," she said. Dean nodded curtly, strapping his backpack tighter onto his back.

He had gotten in touch with Charlie again, two days after the accident. The girl noticed him sitting alone and 'sadder than usual' and after some convincing he spilled everything. Well, except for his scars. The girl had a habit of spilling secrets and he couldn't let her know. Not now.

What she did know, was that he and Castiel had kissed a few times and that he had been in a car crash because of a text. He also told her that someone threatened to share their darkest secrets if they wouldn't break up.

Charlie had been furious. Although the girl was still sceptical about Castiel and Dean's relationship, she had told him that she wasn't mad about that, but that her anger was directed to the 'sick fuck' who sent that text.

"Seriously, if I could just get access to Castiel's phone, I could trace the IP address and find out who sent that text," Charlie said. Dean shrugged, flipping his pen around once more before starting to write again.

I don't know if the phone still works. Besides, how do you plan on getting the phone if I'm no longer in contact with him?

Dean showed her the letter, to which she smirked.