XVIII

A/N: This chapter focuses mostly on anxiety as a consequence of the actions from the previous chapter. Just a disclaimer that the symptoms and coping mechanisms differ from person to person and this is my personal experience.

Enjoy reading!

-

The significant black Chevrolet Impala passed several houses and trees, four teens present inside. Castiel and Dean were seated in the back seat, Dean leaning his head on Castiel's shoulder. He stared at the road lifelessly, fresh tear streaks on his cheeks. His mind wandered off to not even half an hour earlier when he was possibly the happiest he had ever been. That seemed like ages ago.

~ twenty minutes earlier ~

Dean sat down in his usual chair, next to a girl named Lisa. He took out his textbook and bit his lip, trying to suppress the smile that threatened to make its way on his face. He quickly covered his mouth to prevent his happiness from showing, but unfortunately, it didn't go unnoticed.

"You don't need to hide that smile, you know." Dean looked at the girl beside him nervously. They had shared a few words when working on assignments together, but hearing her speak so randomly was a true surprise. He squeezed his eyebrows together, cocking his head in confusion.

"Castiel's doesn't just do what he just did. He must really like you in order to risk being suspended or even expelled. Besides, in all these months of sitting next to you in Geometry, I've never seen you this happy," Lisa said, providing him with a kind smile. Dean, however, only minded one thing. He opened his notebook to a random page and wrote down one word.

Expelled ?!

Lisa smiled sadly in his direction. "If he really beat someone up, and that's what I've heard, they won't just wave it off." She shrugged as if it was nothing, unaware of the dark thoughts she had just unleashed in Dean's mind. He looked down as doom scenarios flashed behind his eyes. Would he be alone? Would Castiel think it was his fault? Would they break up? What would Crowley do? He surely was doomed.

"Hey, are you OK?" Lisa asked, managing to achieve Dean's attention. Dean looked around, only to see that the class had already started. He looked at her, only to see her already looking at him. He faked a small smile her way before looking at his textbook.

That's when multiple phones made a sound signalling a notification.

Dean couldn't help but tense at the sounds. Although it was forbidden to use ones phone in class, he noticed everyone look, and then he started hearing gasps and a few disgusted sounds. He looked to his right, where he could see what he feared the most, had happened.

Lisa looked at his neck, before her eyes flickered towards his face and landed back on his jacket. He noticed how she scooted to her right just a little bit, not daring to look him in the eye. He could feel multiple pairs of eyes on him and could already hear the whispers and snickers behind his back. 

"Oh my God."

"That looks painful."

"Well, apparently this happens when you're too hot. You burn."

"Is that what that Jock was talking about?"

"I'm pretty sure it is."

"That's disgusting."

That's when the door slammed open and Castiel ran in. The room went silent as the boy's chest heaved slightly. He glared around the room, telling the teacher something that Dean couldn't remember due to the panic coursing through him.