XVII

A/N: Sorry to bother you just before the drama continues. I'm just a little bit shocked, hence the abnormally quick update. It's not that good though, but I wanted to post something.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS STORY DOING IN BETWEEN ALL THESE AMAZING ONES?!?!

Okay that's all, now I'll let you read what you came here to read. Thank you❤️.

--

Dean had watched Charlie and Ash leave with a wary look his face. His mind began to work, placing several puzzle pieces together. Ash his weird behaviour the last couple of weeks, Charlie's horrible attempt to hide her anger. It all added up. However, could Ash really be capable of doing something like that?

"What was up with Charles? Wasn't she with Novak earlier? Since when does she even talk to Novak?" Kevin asked. Dean looked down, avoiding eye contact with Jo and Kevin, so he wouldn't have to respond.

"I don't know, Kev, but I'm sure she has a good reason. She always does. And besides, aren't you and Novak friends, Dean?"

Dean looked up, nodding curtly. When Jo asked him if Charlie and Castiel could have met through him, he merely shrugged. He wondered if they had even heard about his 'Charity case', or that Charlie had kept them away from the matter deliberately.

He glanced towards the entrance where the two teens had walked through minutes ago, blocking out the chatter of Jo and Kevin and every other student. He waited for minutes, tapping his hand against the table nervously. His lunch was yet untouched, but he wasn't hungry, just worried.

Then, seven minutes later, Charlie and Castiel came back. The first thing Dean noticed was the absence of Ash. What had happened to him? Then he noticed Castiel's worsened limp and grimace. Except for their presence, all was fine, until he reckoned that the duo was coming his way.

Their arms were hooked together, and Charlie was obviously helping Castiel walk with more ease. Now, Dean would've been jealous if Charlie wasn't a lesbian. He shook his head in their direction warningly. When that didn't help, he quickly bowed his head and fiddled with his untouched sandwich.

"Dean, look up, please."

Just the gravelly sound of his voice made him want to cry. He sounded like he was in pain. Whether that was emotional or physical pain, he didn't know. Dean merely shook his head. He could see Castiel's knuckles start to bruise, making him feel sick.

'You'll get hurt,' he signed, looking at his hands as he communicated. Castiel snorted.

"You're the one hurting me at this moment by distancing yourself," Castiel replied. Dean felt his heart clench and balled his fists for a second.

"Dude, I didn't know you knew sign language," Charlie exclaimed. Dean rolled his eyes, not moving his head up.

'You don't deserve me, Castiel. Please go.' He dropped his hands as soon as they had lifted, wiping the tear away that escaped his eye before dropping them on his lap.