X

"Dean. Just listen to me. How long do you think you can avoid me. I did not lie to you. Damn it, don't walk away."

        Dean wanted to scream at Castiel to shut his mouth, but obviously his voice didn't cooperate. It was the next day of school, and every moment he got, Castiel tried to talk to him and apologize. He was walking from his fifth to sixth period now, and again the boy was high on his trail. Truth is, the thought of hearing him out fully was incredibly tempting. But he wasn't sure if he could trust the jock, so he kept his facade up.

        "What's going on?"

        Dean hadn't heard Charlie's voice this close ever since the movie theatre drama, so he was surprised to hear it practically behind him. He turned around abruptly, looking at Castiel and Charlie with annoyance lacing his features. The two looked at each other, which was another confusing thing to Dean. Since when did they even talk? Or be within ten feet of one another in the first place? Castiel spoke up.

        "He thinks I'm dealing drugs," was his simple reply. Charlie blinked a few times and chuckled.

        "Yeah, it must kind of look that way from his perspective. Look, Dean. I know you talked about trust issues before and I understand that, but just hear him out. I promise you, if you don't believe him after he tells the truth, you can slap the two of us," Charlie said, holding up her pinky. Dean rolled his eyes and refused the offer.

        'Right. I gotta go,' he signed, before walking away from them. He heard Charlie let out a slight groan in frustration.

       "Meet me in the upstairs bathroom after school. Please, Dean," Castiel said behind him. Dean just kept on walking, holding his burned arm with his opposite hand and hunched over in an insecure way. At least he was freed from the constant feeling of someone following him. For now.

        He was almost mandatory to meet Castiel there. He knew the boy wel enough to know that he was stubborn and wouldn't give up, even when things didn't go his way. Especially when things didn't go his way. The thought was unsettling, as Dean was known for pushing people away when they broke his trust. Every bone in his body wanted to run out of school and hide, but sadly his heart told him otherwise and took the upper hand.

Thus, he found himself standing in front of the door of the bathroom Castiel had inclined him to go after his last class had finished. It was comparable to the girl's bathroom in Harry Potter, since it was never used. Hesitation crept up in him when his fingers were wrapped around the doorhandle of the bathroom and he felt himself pull his hand back. He just didn't want to get hurt. He couldn't.

        When he turned around to leave, he jumped up in surprise.

        "I was afraid you'd do that." Castiel was leaning against the wall opposite of the one where the toilet was located, his arms and legs crossed. A small smile was played on his lips, which matched the soft way he had spoken. Dean merely hugged his torso with his arms uncomfortably, looking down awkwardly. "So, can I explain now?"

        A few students emerged from a corner. Dean stepped back so the kids could pass, looking at the ground again to avoid attention. He could feel Castiel's eyes burn into his head, but he didn't look up until the talking students were out of sight. Dean looked up only to see Castiel push himself off the wall and come his way. 

        "Come on, let's go inside," he said, pulling on the sleeve of Dean's leather jacket. The boy stepped aside but followed Castiel inside the bathroom. There, Castiel turned around to face him. "OK. So, despite what you think, I'm not doing drugs. There's a whole different reason for what you saw me doing in the hallway."