V

"Dean Winchester!"

       Dean tensed up. Oh God, was that girl FBI or something? He knew Charlie well enough - she was an open book, even a fool could predict her actions - to be prepared and step aside before her hand could touch his shoulder. Instead, he looked at her with raised eyebrows.

        "What are you looking at me like that? You run off in the middle of a movie, are nowhere to be found, then you don't reply to any of my calls and on top of that, I'm grounded because of my 'lack of responsibility'. Two weeks without a laptop, Winchester, and you look like you couldn't care less," she rambled. Dean, as she said, didn't care that she was grounded. Last time he checked, she and her friends didn't come looking for him.

Dean opened his locker, grabbing his needed books and slamming the locker shut. He looked past a raging Charlie, where he felt eyes on him. His interest spiked when he noticed that it was Castiel, whose locker was diagonally on his right. The blue-eyed boy smiled and waved. Dean made it seem like he was waving back, while he signed to simple words.

        'Help me.'

        Castiel cocked his head to the side, which was the last thing Dean saw him do before he turned back to Charlie. The girl still looked angry, but her gaze wasn't on him anymore.

        "Why is danger coming our way?" She asked cautiously, squinting her eyes in the direction of Castiel. Dean turned back around, only to stand face to face with the boy, whom he now noticed was slightly shorter than him.

        "What are you doing within five feet of my friend?" said Charlie, sounding even more disgusted this time. Dean wanted to laugh at Castiel's surprised raised eyebrows, but that wasn't really in his nature.

        "I am making sure that my friend is alright after his panic attack last Friday," Castiel replied. Color seemed to drown from Charlie's face as Castiel spoke and she looked at the two boys opposite of her nervously.

"You had a panic attack?"

       Dean snorted, making a painful face as he did so. Then, he nodded once, curtly. Charlie cursed under her breath, and before he knew it, Dean was pulled in an awkward, bone-crushing embrace. He let his arms hang awkwardly alongside his body as she hugged him, looking at the students that passed impatiently.

        "You might want to let him go, Bradbury, before you cut off his air supplies," Castiel spoke behind him. At his sarcastic remark, Dean let out a laugh against Charlie's shoulder. This made Charlie pull away and look at him cautiously.

        "Did you just-" Dean cocked his head to the side to show her his confusion. Did he just do what? "Oh my god." Her words only confused him more. What was wrong with her? "We need to talk."

        'Guess I'll see you later?' Dean signed, his features hopeful towards Castiel, who had a weird expression plastered on his face. Charlie walked off, probably expecting to follow her. Except he didn't. Castiel nodded, cracking a smile.

        'See you later. Good luck with- that,' Castiel signed back. Dean hadn't thought about the obvious skill the boy possessed, which was why the act caught him by surprise. He watched carefully how his hands made gestures gently and skillfully, intrigued by his movements. He gave him a closed mouth smile like he was used to and had just enough time to wave to the boy until Charlie had realized he hadn't come yet and pulled on his arm.

        "OK. So, what the hell was that?" Charlie whisper-screamed at him. Dean could only blink at her weird behavior. "Castiel Novak? Despite all the warnings we've given you? Are you trying to get yourself killed?"