Chapter 25 Intermission

Sierra: Until Grand Elder Zhaine gets here let's sort out a few things so. First off what took you guys so long to get back to HQ?

Weiss: Are you serious right now? Because I'm sure its obvious in how we look an feel.

Tori: Shhhhh shut you...

Weiss: I'm just saying whats been going on.

Scene: Darius as he sits with the elders he's well informed about the plan Weiss came up with and so far things are very close to being set in motion for the plan to begin. Darius sits right next to Bruce who is pretty much a bit rough around the edges. He has long brown hair with a really long scruffy beard. He wears a long blue robe like the rest of the elders during these times. Bruce wants to hurry up and be done with this so that he can go back to his house and relax.

Bruce: There ain't nothing wrong with that but I'd rather you not have to bite your tongue especially in here.

Weiss: You're not as half bad as they say you are.

Bruce: Eh? Its alright man no matter what we are doing we are on your side and here to help. At least that's what we are here to do.

Darius: It's not like how it used to be that's for sure.

Vanous: You're just upset like you always are aren't ya Darius? Zhaine ain't going nowhere so you are stuck bud.

Darius: That's fine Zhaine knows he's just a fuckwit and to be quite frank with you I don't really even care anymore.

Vanous: Aw you poor thing want makes you wanna hang up ya boots. Talk to Sierra instead shes been doing the same thing.

Sierra: Don't get hurt up in here Vanous. Anyhow, would you continue, please? We have many matters to attend to today and Zhaine is taking his sweet time.

Bruce: There is something Id like to add to this say to you girl over there.

Scene: Tori looks around and sees shes the only other girl besides Sierra due to April having to leave earlier on.

Tori: Huh me?

Bruce: You're the only other girl in here aren't ya?

Scene: Sierra fidgets a little after hearing that.

Tori: I'm not sure as what to say

Gin: Just listen and answer his questions for now.

Bruce: It's only until Zhaine gets back. Hey like I said I'm in this for you guys. Scout funding hasn't been what it use to be even though you all risk your lives out there. So what say you how are you guys handling things out there?

Vanius: Ok Bruce cut the bullshit don't act like you don't know. General Makura is not with them and that could only mean one thing.

Sierra: Who cares about General Makura we have reports of terminal disruption.

Bruce: Meaning Darius fucked up again.

Sierra: It's not like he's gonna rat out on his buddies these days.

Vanous: Its time you retired Darius.

Darius: Oh and what about you Vanous you don't you remember what happened to Khable I mean it's not like you weren't there with him on the same squad.

Scene: Bruce looks the other way when Darius mentions Khable. Darius Bruce and Sierra all vouched for Vanous when Khable was KIA the details on this case is still unknown and rather nerve-racking. Khable was just too good of a person to live in a world such as this.

Vanous: You know what it's just like you to hold things over peoples head.

Sierra: I think that's enough for now

Scene: An echo comes in from the left side of the room. It was a door closing. Zhaine has entered the meeting room.

Zhaine: Enough of what Sierra? Are we having dinner at breakfast time again today or what?

Sierra: No no it's just that I was saying I've had enough of this crap and that there must some ways for us to help.

Bruce: More funding could be nice.

Vanius: It's always more funding with you.

Darius: It's best that I don't get myself involved into this.

Zhaine: You are all still the same as always sheesh......

Bruce: Says the one who literally shows up late everytime when there's business to be handled.

Zhaine: I don't know why in the hell all you think I gotta be here to get shit done well hell I'd rather be out on another mission than deal with this shit.

Scene: Out of all the elders Zhaine is the top and has the last say. He is the overall leader. Each elder can choose which squads they team up with and Zhaine is with the top scout team in their sector at HQ. His division was the first to set up the headquarters and have been on active duty for 30 years. Elders are not required to go out into the field unless they choose to. The only elders that go into the field are Zhaine and Darius. Though Darius is going to retire his elder position soon. He's not going to keep on continuing after this due to his awareness of nuclear winter and all along with not having much food or supplies.