《《Prologue》》

"Come on Ale, mom and dad are gonna kill us." I pleaded to my brother who still wasn't listening to me. It was way past our curfew and it was a school night. I usually didn't care what my brother does--wait. Actually that's a lie. I care what my brother does. I love him dearly. What I meant was I don't usually care when it's not a school night and we're aren't past curfew by hours.

"Oh relax already!" He cheered. "We'll live. So live in the moment right now!" He pumped his fist in the air, dancing to the current EDM music playing in the background. He was drunk, something he usually does. I do it every once in a while, when at parties or having fun. He was surrounded by his friends, continuing to ingore the fact that we were going to die when we got back home.

Alejandro was older than me and he was always cocky about it. He was 19, about to hit 20. And I'm 16, about to hit 17. He took advantage of the fact that he was older than me. He still loves me though. And I still love him. It's crazy we even got into this club. But Ale knows people. And I'm not talking like bad gang related people. He would never in his life get involved with stuff like that. I mean friends who own the club. The only reason I got in was because of my brother, but my brother made sure to tell every bartender that so can only drink water no matter what. Which I didn't mind.

I sighed, giving up and walking away. He was my ride and I was supposed to leave with him. That way my parents know we're safe. They're always going on about sticking together and keeping each other safe and shit like that.

At least we know they care.

I sat at the bar stool and drank the water I ordered to sober up my drunk brother. But he wouldn't even look that the glass. I twirled around the straw in my drink and pulled out my phone. Most likely all of my friends were asleep.

Then again, Elena was at a party too. But she was probably home by now. Caroline and Bonnie crossed my mind, but I shrugged them off. Bonnie and Care were good girls that went to bed early on school nights. Matt? Tyler?

It doesn't matter if they were up or not. I can't call them at a time like this for a lift. I sighed again and jumped at the sudden contact someone made with their hand landing on my thigh.

I turned to see a also very drunk friend of my brothers. Chad.

He gave me that cocky smile and leaned in really close, making me smell his breath reeking of vodka. My face scrunched up in disgust and I leaned back.

"Ew." I muttered. He heard me mutter this and frowned.

"Bitch." He shot at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Fuck off." I growled back. I learned--from experience--that playing nice with my brothers drunk friends was never a good thing. I usually have to be mean and bitchy. Something I have good practice at. But apparently, by the look in Chad's eyes, that technique wouldn't work so well on him. He smirked at stepped even closer. I leaned back again.

"I've always loved a challenge." One arm of his laid on the bar counter. The others laid on the very edge of my seat, blocking me from leaving. I swore under my breath and looked up at him, giving him one of my best glares.

"Listen here, Chaddy boy, I'm not playing hard to get so leave me the hell alone and find some other whore to pass on your STD's to because I'm not interested. And if you have a problem with that, I will more than gladly tell my brother what you think." I threatened. He gave me an angry yet hungry look.

"Well listen here," he mocked, "Desiree," Desiree was something I was called when people forgot my name, and I hated that name. He knew that. "You are going to shut your little mouth and walk with me or else your brother will find out who you lost your virginity to the first day of freshman year, Anthony."