Did You Save Me A Dance?

I left Noah with Michael at the bar. Off to the side was Adam and Izellah making chit chat at a table sitting down, close by the two alcoholics.

Meanwhile I took this as my chance to look around, maybe even find Elena, Caroline, or Bonnie to see what they've been up to. And to my luck, I walked right into the room where Elena and Stefan stood, looking at the original guest registry.

"Look at all these familiar names." Elena said aloud, catching Stefan's attention. "Sheriff William Forbes, Mayor Benjamin Lockwood. Is that Damon Salvatore?" Stefan leaned over the table in front of the two to look closer at the names.

Oh shit.

It took me a second to realize that "Damon Salvatore" was our Damon Salvatore.

"And Stefan Salvatore?" Elena said, looking at Stefan in confusion. It's like I felt the worry going through Stefan just by looking at his face.

"The original Salvatore brothers." I heard from behind me, I turned my head to see the Damon Salvatore. He was walking into the room with Caroline right by his side.

Does she follow him everywhere? I thought, annoyed. I let out a small scoff at the thought.

"Our ancestors." Damon covered up. "Tragic story, actually."

"We don't need to bore them with stories of the past." Stefan quickly added, him and Elena walking closer to the three of us standing in the middle of the room. Elena smiled at my presence, just now noticing me. I smiled back of course--Elena had the smile that made you smile back.

I kinda wanted to see a flustered Stefan, so I spoke, "Stefan, this building is full of history tonight, why not add more to it?" I smirked at him, making his narrow his eyes at me.

"Yeah," Elena nodded at me, "Plus, it's not boring Stefan." She defended. "I'd love to hear more about your family. "

I glanced over at Damon, who had a look of approval--a small smirk tugging at the corner of his lips.

"Well I'm bored." Caroline said, seeming to beg for attention. "I wanna dance and Damon won't dance with me." Damon gave her a fake smile, humming while shaking his head no. "Could I just borrow your date?"

Elena's eyes widened in surprise at her question, her mouth parting. I watched in amusement as she wanted to obviously say no, but instead she went with, "Oh," she laughed nervously, glancing at me for help. "Uh-"

"I don't really dance." Stefan interrupted.

"Oh sure he does." Damon quickly corrected, "you should see him. Waltz, the jitteringbug, the moonwalk. He does it all." The brothers shared a glare.

"You wouldn't mind, would you Elena?"

Caroline Caroline Caroline, you know better than to ask that in front of everyone!

"It's up to Stefan." She shrugged, avoiding the quesiotn.

"Well sorry," she snatched Stefan's arm, "but I'm not gonna take no for an answer." She chuckled to herself as Stefan forced a smile and followed her. Now left was Damon, Elena, and I. Just as I got ready to walk out too, Elena rushed to the doorway, beating me.

"I'll leave you two to talk, I'm gonna go find Bonnie." She said quickly before dashing out the door, purposely leaving me with him so she wouldn't be left with him.

"Ouch," Damon said sarcastically, "jokes on her. I'm a freaking delight."

"Keep telling yourself that." I rolled my eyes, walking towards the original guest registry again, trying to imagine what must've gone through Elena's head as she read those two names.