The Party Had Only Just Begun...

"All I heard was party." Michael shrugs, smirking as he opened a bottle of beer. I chuckled, along with Chris.

"I'm in." Izellah crossed her arms, smiling as well.

"Sounds fun." Chris added.

"The Founder's Day party?" Ale's eyebrows knitted in confusion. "Why do they still have those?"

Rolling my eyes, I say, "Well then it's a good thing I wasn't talking to you." He rolls his eyes right back, but then I notice Briana giving him a look. "Briana?" I speak, she looks from him to me now, smiling like always. "Would you like to go?"

Her smile widens, "I thought someone would never ask." She then suddenly jams her elbow into my brother's side. He let's out a grunt of pain, leaving the room. All of our eyes widened, but we did nothing but snicker.

○○○

"Which one?" Izellah asks me as she holds up two dresses. One was a strapless purple one with a black belt, it seemed pretty simple. The other was a pretty pink spaghetti strapped dress with some type of blue jewel where the belt would go.

Meanwhile, I straightened my hair with a flat iron.

"Purple." I say. She smiles at my response, laying the dress flatly on my bed next to mine. Izellah had a thin figure, which admired her tall figure. I remember getting irritated by that when I was younger because I was always short and chubby standing next to her. But now I'm average and not as chubby as before.

"Hair down or up?"

"Down."

"Straight or curled?"

"Straight."

"Ugh, but my hair is already as straight as a stick. Why leave it straight?" She groaned, looking at her long dark silky hair in the mirror.

"Because it's pretty." I simply say, picking up another strand of hair to straighten it.

She sighs, "Whatever you say."

After a while of silence of me straightening my hair and her deciding on the rest of her outfit, I receive a text from Elena, offering to come to her house and get ready for the party, along with Bonnie. I politely decline, explaining I was busy.

Suddenly my brain turned a gear, reminding me of something, someone.

Tyler.

If I ever want the chance of getting back with Noah, I have to end what I have with Tyler.

"Shit." I mutter, knowing he'll be at the party.

"What?" Izellah's head pops up from under my bed, where my shoes were hidden. I was going to let her borrow a pair for the party since she doesn't have all the stuff needed to go to a party.

I quickly turn off the flat iron and slips some flats on. Thankfully, I had just finished up my hair. So I'll tell Tyler, run back home and finish getting ready for the party just in time.

"Uh," crap, "nothing. I just need to take care of some unfinished business." Before she could question me, I was out the door.

○○○

"Hello Mrs. Lockwood," I smile at the short woman, dressed nicely as always.