Uninvited Guests

"You explain it." Bonnie said. "Last night I'm watching Nine-O, a commercial break comes on, and I'm like, 'I bet it's that phone commercial!' And sure enough, it's that guy and the girl with the bench. He flies to Paris and he flies back. They take a picture."

"Oh Bon-Bon." I roll my eyes. "The same commercials play in a loop, constantly."

"But-"

Elena laughs, "Oh come on, Destiny's right." She says as she takes the delivery food out of the brown paper bag.

"Fine. Well, how about this? Today, I'm," she shakes her head, "obsessed with numbers. Three numbers. I keep seeing 8, 14, and 22." Bonnie explains. They both work on the food getting into the bowls while I make lemonade for everyone. Right now I was almost done. All I had to do was add a bit more water so it wasn't too sweet. "How weird is that?" She adds.

"Maybe we should play the lottery." Elena teases, and I laugh. But Bonnie didn't want to mess around. "Have you talked to your Grams?"

"She's just gonna say it's because I'm a witch. I don't want to be a witch." She pouts slightly. "Do you want to be a witch?" She asks us both.

"I already struggle enough being human." I say as I sip my homemade lemonade. I couldn't help but smile, satisfied with what I made by myself.

"I don't want to be a witch." Elena frowns as she pours pasta into a bowl.

"And putting it in a nice bowl isn't fooling anybody." Tyler teases, suddenly appearing. I forgot he was in the living room this whole time. He offered help, but we had everything covered, so he decided to watch some television.

"Ok, serving spoons. Where are the serving spoon?" Elena says, fumbling around with the drawers. I help her by opening some of the drawers in hopes of finding the serving spoons.

"Middle drawer on your left." Bonnie replies quickly. Elena pulls out that exact drawer. And to my surpirse, they were there. The serving spoons. Everyone in the room goes silent for a second.

"Okay, so you've been in this kitchen like a thousand times, I'm sure of it." I assure Bonnie since Elena was too stunned to speak.

"Yeah, that's it." She gives me an unsure look.

When the doorbell rings, Elena asks if I can go open it and so I do. 

I walk up to the door, and hesitantly open it. When I do, Stefan seems surprised to see me. The second I open it, I walk away. Letting him know I'm still a bit annoyed with him. Let the fun begin.

Yay...

○○○

Everything and everyone was settled. We all sat at the table in the dining room, enjoying our food. I sat across from Tyler, and Bonnie sat on my right. Meanwhile Elena sat next to Tyler, and across from Bonnie, Stefan sat at the head of the table. Awkward silence took over and glances were thrown.

Can somebody please speak?

I mean, I would, but I wouldn't know what to say.

"Did Tanner give you a hard time today?" Elena spoke up.

I freaking love her right now!

"Well, he let me on the team, so I must have done something right." He replies.

Elena lets out a soft chuckle. "Bonnie you should have seen Stefan today. Destiny," she paused to playfully glare at me, "threw the ball right at him and he-"

Elena was going to finish but Bonnie interrupted. "Yeah, I heard."

"Well...I'm gonna be in the living room." I say finishing off my plate. Elena gives me a look, but I choose to ignore it.