Payback

Yet again, another fucking morning of my head and body feeling like shit. I should be used to this by now. Honestly!

I eventually lost count on how many times I woke up with no memory and a hangover back in Chicago.

I need coffee.

What did happen last night anyways?

Slowly, events came back.

Damon, drinking, the Grill, the Woods.

I sat up, holding my head in my hands as I groaned, feeling myself reach for my tiny tin trash can. I reach my arm out, grabbing the closest thing to me (praying to God it was my trash can) as I felt something unsatisfying come spilling out of my mouth.

Terrible sounds and smells came from me, but at least it was my trash can that I grabbed. I groaned again, disgusted by my actions.

Scanning my room, I noticed no napkins or wipes of some sort. Instead, my eyes landed on a rather familiar book. A dark purple notebook, a bit worn and old.

My diary?

How in holy hell is it here?

I jumped up to grab it, scan it, read it, maybe to hopefully find some answers. Flipping to the most recent page, I gasped at the words written before me. It was a bit sloppy, but it was readable.

Dear diary,

So I'm doing this again. Don't know why. But then again--

Why not?

God, a lot has happened since I last wrote in this old thing. Like, before my parents died. That's like--a long freaking time.

Damon used his vampire speed to bring me home since I was so freaking clumsy. God, why do I have to be such an embarrassment? Seriously, I nearly puked all over him.

I think I lost the keys to my car. Oh well, screw it. Ale will be pissed--again.

Anyway, Damon's quite the flirt. No fair he's such a dick to Elena and his brother. You know what...let's not talk about relationships. Turns out Ty likes me, no, LOVES me. But I don't feel the same.

Oh well, he'll find out soon enough.

I didn't so skillfully sneak in...

Ale saw me and a lot of yelling happened. Which sucks, but it's over with and whatever.

-Destiny

God, my head hurts like hell. Plus, I still have school. This day just keeps getting better, and better.

○○○

It's almost like Elena and Bonnie knew (thankfully they didn't) I couldn't drive. So they offered a ride. I, more than gladly, took the offer.

"I'm not saying don't date the guy. I'm just saying take it slow." Bonnie clarifies while we all get out of the car.

"You were the one that said to go for it." Elena says, not fully understanding. To be honest, I don't really either. "Why the about-face?" She questions.

"It's not the about-face. I'm just saying you're single for the first time..." I didn't really listen to the rest, mainly because I couldn't hear as I ran up to Matt and Tyler throwing a football around.

"Hey." I say, smiling at them. Holy shit, I forgot about Tyler. We were gonna see the comet together. But uh, plans changed? Yeah, I'll just tell him that.