Rebound?

Getting out of bed was hell. My head was spinning and at the same time, killing me. It took me a while to get used to the pain enough to get out of bed. I immediately drank water and took some pills to take away the pain.

I tried to wrap my head around my disturbing dream of a murderous vampire basically ripping someone's throat out. That's the first. Usually my dreams never make sense, but that last one was just so bizarre, it sent a chill down my spine.

And that guy..that hot hot guy. He was literally a dream in its own. His dark eyes and beautiful eyes—his face facial structure. I was just drooling in memory.

Maybe this was my self-conscious telling me to get laid already.

I basically stayed home after that night. I was busy helping my brother out with our new house and avoiding interaction with others. I used to be socially awkward, now I'm just awkward. So I try to stay away from others, of course others than my brother.

I do love my friends, I do. But I still need to get used to this town, the new house, old friends, old school. I felt overwhelmed. It was better to take one baby step at a time.

○○○

Another thing I didn't miss about Mystic Falls; School. Hell, some may call it. That some would be me. But for now I guess I'll just go with school. I'm literally praying to God as my brother drives me there that Mr. Tanner isn't still there.

When Ale was done registering me back in to Hel-I mean school, he left and wished me luck. I ignored that and moped around the halls to find my locker. It was the same locker, which wasn't a shocker.

That rhymed.

I got my books and other stuff needed for the following classes and went to History. People whispered and pointed at me as they finally noticed I was back. I simply sighed at this. I was going to flip them off and tell them to mind their own business or fuck off, but I decided to behave. Something I need to practice more.

Walking into History class, I wanted to cry as I saw Mr. Tanner.

When he saw me, he frowned. He never really liked me either. I usually never paid attention because of boredom. But the joke is on him because back in Chicago I took a shit ton of history lessons. Just so if I did come back, I could shove it right in Mr. Tanner's face. Well, that and my brother made me so I didn't miss too much from school.

He took the slip from my hand, saying all the crap about being a new student, even though I'm not. Mr. Tanner gave me back a stack of papers.

I looked at him confused.

"Study that and you'll catch up own what you missed last year." He said, probably gloating inside. My jaw dropped as my eyes went to him and the papers.

Behave Destiny.

I bit my lip angrily and stomped away, not saying a word.

Dropping into my seat, which was usually in the back, I saw Elena and the new guy walk in. Along with Matt and Bonnie. Soon everyone was in the class room.

○○○

"Hey Matt!" I shouted happily running over to him. He smiled and stopped walking. Once I finally caught up with him he greeted me back. "What's all the fuss about your sister? I've been laying low, so I don't really know the details nor drama."

He frowned upon hearing my question. This made me frown, crap, what did I just get myself into?

"I'm surprised you didn't figure it out yet." Matt said, trying to lighten the mood.