Beginning

"Clam it brat!!!" a woman said and slapped her child, Miharu. The woman had red hair and black eyes. She had a stern look on her face. A face filled wtih anger and hatred. The woman's husband glared at Miharu with his black hair and black eyes, his snow white face looking very stern...

"B-But..." Miharu cried. "No buts!! Look what you did!" the woman pointed at the floor. There was a little broken pot. It was a tiny piece of pottery with no design at all. "I didn't see it, it was so tiny." Miharu whimpered. "Well of course you didn't see it! You're as blind as a bat!!" the husband scolded. Miharu cried. "Don't you wet my floor you little brat!!" the woman shouted. "Why are getting mad at me after just knocking over some pottery your barely dust?" Miharu asked between hiccups. "Well, I have to sweep the floor now!!!" the woman shouted. "Go to your room!" the husband ordered. Miharu did it without hesitation.

Miharu cried in her room. She hugged her knees tight. She would always glance from the door time to time, to make sure no angry maniac mom would come bursting into the room. Locking doors was a good start but still, you never know when someone will be pounding on your door with a mallet.

"Hey kid, don't cry." a boy said through the window. Miharu looked up and grinned. "Oh! Arashi-chan." Miharu smiled behind the tears. "Don't cry Miharu. Come outside." Arashi wiped her tears. Right now, Miharu was 7 and Arashi was 8. Arashi had long brown hair tied in a high ponytail and green eyes. They were good friends. Arashi understood Miharu very well and made sure she wasn't hurt. Miharu nodded and left her room.

A few hours passed. Miharu was playing inside Arashi's house along with Miharu's other friend Akahana who was 7 too. Akahana had short navy blue hair and yellow eyes. "Akahana-chan, don't hurt yourself!" Miharu called out. "Yeah!" Arashi joined in. Akahana nodded and did the backflip, just like the game told her to do. "Amazing Akahana-chan!" Arashi complimented. "Yes Akahana-chan! You even missed that shuriken that came flying above your head!" Miharu joined in. Akahana smiled. "Eh thank you th- wait Miharu-chan...did you say shuriken?" Akahana asked, obviously worried. Miharu nodded with her innocent face. Then she realized something was wrong.

A scream was heard throughout the village. "Something's up!" Arashi said and looked around. He smelled smoke. "Smoke." Miharu said and coughed. "Miharu-chan, don't take in the smoke that much." Akahana warned. Miharu nodded. Screams were heard around the village soon afterwards. "Everyone run!! The village is burning!!! Otogakure is attacking us!!! Hide the children!!" one man screamed as he ran about. Arashi's parents came outside. "Kids, run. Don't go near the village entrance, it's dangerous there! If anyone comes running after you, run as fast as you can and don't look back. Even if someone gets lost or if someone needs help, don't go to them. Ninjas would come soon to aid us. Go!" Arashi's mom instructed. "Mama-san.." Arashi trembled. "Arashi-chan, listen to your mama-san!" Akahana said. Arashi nodded. "Bye bye Mama-san." Arashi said before he started sprinting with Akahana and Miharu behind him.

A wildfire started spreading. Everything including the village was burning. Miharu tried to run but tripped somewhere along the way. Arashi and Akahana didn't notice, they were busy running. Otogakure ninjas were killing everyone in sight. Some were lucky to escape. Some even lucky they were just injured and not killed. "Otogakure ninjas! This is the end of the line!!!" a Konoha ninja screamed as his team entered the scene. Many ninjas used water techniques to put out the fire. Others fought back. Others also helped those who needed assistance. Miharu was one of them. She was knocked out by one of exhaustion and also from taking in too much smoke. Luckily for her, she wasn't really hurt, she had a cut on her foot.

The next morning, Miharu woke up slowly. Her vision was a bit blurred. "Err....where...what?" Miharu got up slowly. She suddenly woke up, fully awake. "AKAHANA-CHAN!!! ARASHI-CHAN!!!" Miharu shouted. Her house echoed. "Hmm? Who are you looking for?" a man said behind her. Miharu turned around quickly. The man had spiky black hair and a small beard. He had tan skin and a cigarette. There was a woman right next to him. She had messy black hair and pale skin. She had red eyes too, not that creepy for Miharu. "I'm l-looking for my friends. Can you help me sir?" Miharu asked. "My name is Asuma Sarutobi. This nice lady here is Kurenai Yuhi. I'm sorry little one but we searched the village and the forest, there's no more kids around but you. That or they're in the Konoha Hospital." Asuma said dreadfully. "Konoha?" Miharu tilted her head. "Yes little girl. So do you need help finding your mama and papa?" Kurenai asked. Miharu shook her head. "They don't love me. I don't really have a family." Miharu hung her head. Kurenai gasped a bit. "What's your name?" Asuma asked. "Miharu." Miharu replied. "That's it?" Kurenai asked. Miharu nodded. "My parents never told me my last name, let alone call me by my real name." Miharu said. "How old are you?" Asuma asked. Miharu showed 7 fingers. Kurenai gasped. "Well child, we would love to give you a home at Konoha." Kurenai suggested with a smile. Miharu smiled back. "Thank you!" Miharu grinned.

Now in Konoha, Miharu sucked in fresh air. She never saw such a beautiful sight. She did miss the big waterfall back in Takigakure but hey, you got the infamous Mount Hokage. "Pretty!" Miharu said. "We're going to bring you to our leader, the Hokage. My daddy." Asuma grinned. Miharu nodded. As Miharu walked, she would sometimes wince in pain because of the cut on her foot. She was relieved when she got into the Hokage's office. The carpeting made Miharu feel comfy. "Welcome my son, Kurenai. Oh and hello there little child." the Hokage grinned. "Oto-san, I bring a survivor from Takigakure. So far she's the only kid survivor, an orphan." Asuma said. He started to explain everything. The Hokage listened carefully. "Well that's pretty sad for such a little kid." a young man with a ponytail said. He walked over to Miharu. "Hello Miharu! My name is Iruka!" Iruka smiled. "Hello Iruka." Miharu smiled back. "Well well well, our Iruka Umino is treating her like she's in the academy already." Kurenai teased.

"Hey so Miharu-san, what's your favorite color?" Kurenai asked. "My favorite color? I like red." Miharu replied. "Really? That's my favorite color too!" Kurenai chuckled. Miharu replied with a giggle.

"So Miharu, in a few days or weeks maybe you'll come to my school!" Iruka said cheerfully. "Iruka, she doesn't even have a hone yet." Asuma said. "School?" Miharu tilted her head. "Yeah. Didn't you have school in Takigakure?" Iruka asked. Miharu shook her head. "My parents wouldn't let me and instead left me in charge of looking after the house when they were gone." Miharu said. Iruka's eyes widened. "Well Iruka will help you." Kurenai said. Iruka nodded in agreement.