Hypnotize ( Revamped)

Please listen to music linked with chapter

We made it to South Africa and I checked into the reservations Tyler had made before we left. Upon arrival Erik became rigid as he usually did in these settings. His scruffy appearance made people stare. He claimed colonizers made him uneasy. I rolled my eyes at him. Really he was just insecure because he needed a fresh line up and a retwist.

" I brought your clippers ", I called back to him, following behind the bell boy.

We got the presidential suite. Tyler got another luxury suite available. Walking into the hotel room, the bellboy set down our bags and left. I sat down on the bed checking my phone. I fall backwards onto the bed sighing. Erik stood by the door watching me. I raised a brow at him.

" What ? ", I sat up on my elbows.

" You really think I treat you like shit or was you just saying that ? ", he quipped. I looked at him strangely. Erik never really dwelled on stuff like that. It was surprising that he asked.

" Yeah but you treat everybody like that. You have an edgy personality I guess ", I excused. I don't know why him being so upfront made me so timid. Erik's "idc" attitude is what led me to believe, that how he's perceived wasn't his top priority.

He sat on the edge of the bed and lit another blunt. I ordered food for us both and picked it up in the lobby. When I entered the room again I set our food on the dining table. He joined me, silently eating his food.

" I lost my damn phone during the trip ", he groaned.

" We'll get you another in the states. You can use mine till then ", I slid him my phone.

The first thing he did was check the news. He wanted to get caught up on things. All of a sudden he started coughing. I figured a little food went down the wrong pipe.

" You okay ? ", I asked.

" Yeah ", he cleared his throat.

" Donald trump really won the presidential election ? Seriously ? ", he looked at me strangely.

" Uh...yeah. He did ", I chuckled.

" I thought it was just a joke ", he gave me my phone back.

" A lot of people did ", I laughed then shrugged.

" Yeah...we movin' ", he snorted.

" I thought you loved Newyork. Plus you love baconeggandcheese ", I giggle.

" Newyork makes hanging with my hoodrat friends easier. I cut ties with everyone in Oakland. Newyork is only a close second to oakland for me ", he added.

" Well...we could always go back to Cali if you're tired of being up north. I could use some Cali sun. It'll never compare to Houston sun though ", I reminisced.

" I don't know why you'd EVER want to go back to Houston. That shit is hotter than the devils ball sack. I been to Houston before. It was so goddamn hot and humid my dreads started to unravel and I've had them for four years now ", he exclaimed. I let out a big loud laugh. This was the Erik I knew. No matter how mysterious he was, he always made me laugh. GUT laugh. He looked at me and smiled too, chuckling softly.

" You do have a point ", I shrugged.

" You gonna' eat that ? ", he pointed to the rest of my dirty rice.

" Go ahead dead man ", I pushed my plate towards him.

" Now. About that date ", he quipped.

" Well our "date" is more of a money move. I already made our reservations so you've just gotta' look the part. I'll tell you everything you need to know at dinner. After that I'll let you take the lead ", I explained.