Losing control (New chapter)

Please listen to music linked with chapter

" Hands up ! Hands up ! ", I yelled over the wind. Analise screamed and laughed as the let the roof down. I looked in the rear view mirror to see her smiling ear to ear.

I impulsively bought a pink convertible after she saw it in a car lot. She called it "Barbie Car" because she had one. Her doll had a pink convertible that matched her dolls pink hair. She kept staring at it, so I bought it. Her giggles filled my ears as the wind caused her hair to flip and fly all over the place.

" Go! Go!!! Go!! ", she giggled. I went slightly faster. I wasn't exactly over the speed limit yet but I'm sure in Analise perspective, we were in a race car. 

I turned on the radio the rest of the way. Analise really enjoyed the convertible and her happiness and comfortability somehow validated my impulsive buy. I just wanted her happiness. It had been almost two weeks since she came here and she was really starting to warm up to Wakanda. Today we were planning on meeting up with Harper, who I hadn't seen in person for months. First we were meeting up at my unfinished restaurant, then lunch and maybe shopping. After that it would just be Analise and myself spending the day together.

I pulled up to my restaurant and pressed the button to seal my roof. I got out and let Analise out of her car seat. Harper stood outside of the restaurant with a guard.

" Hey !", she waved frantically at me. I hugged her.

" Analise this is miss Harper ", I officially introduce her. Analise looks up at Harper strangely. I knew it was because of her appearance. The striking eyes, the silver/white hair. I'm sure she'd never seen anything like that before. Harper crouched down to Analise's height and put her hand out.

" Hello ", she smiled kindly at her. Analise carefully put her hand into hers and she shook it.

" That's a pretty dolly you have there. What a beautiful doll to match such a beautiful little girl. Where did you get it ? ", Harper asked Analise.

" Aunt Bia got it ", She muttered shyly.

" Your Aunt Bia has good taste ", Harper looks past Analise to the car.

" I don't know what went through my head. She just got so excited and I bought it ", I gush in an embarrassed tone.

" When Azari gets a bit older I'm sure I'll be the same way. I can't blame you ", she chuckles.

" Let's go inside ", I get my keys and open up my shop.

" Oh wow. This is coming together nicely ", Harper beamed.

" It took me months to figure out what interior I wanted. Black white and splashes of red seemed safe. Something sleek...nothing too flashy ", I animate.

" Right....right. It's giving me a bit of...Paris actually. At least that's the kind of restaurants T would rent out for us. They would always be so posh and reserved in their interior design. Have you figured out your menu yet ? ", She asked.

" Honestly...everything. Of course I want a base but I'm not limiting myself to one food. I figured I'd maybe go around and ask some of the people close to me what they like to eat. Get inspired off their favorite dishes. I don't know ", I sigh.

" Well...I really like pizza. Newyork style pizza. And when I'm not eating pizza then I'm eating jollof rice and Accra. Loveee Accra ", said Harper.

" So you actually like African food from everywhere in the continent. What about in Cai ? Did you like any food I'm Cai ? ", I question.

" Just the fast food options and the desserts. Truthfully I never really cared for our meals. You have to remember we're all mutts in terms of culture. Our roots only just recently go back to Cai. Almost everyone in Cai has a family member that traveled from surrounding areas and settle down. Cai first started as a halfway point for distant travelers. My great great great great parents on my fathers side established it as a territory of it's own electing themselves into power  ", She explained.