Realizing Pt. 2 (New chapter)

Please listen to music linked with chapter.

Be sure to read realizing pt.1 before this

I put the finishing touches on my makeup and sealed it with a setting spray. I pulled my hair out of soft rollers and brushed it out with a paddle brush creating waves. I wasn't sure if curly or wavy was right for the first date but I stuck to what to what fit my look best. I slipped on a wine colored satin dress and added gold Versace earrings I bought for myself in newyork. I topped the look off with a very thin gold necklace and black, thin, strappy heels. I sprayed a bit of perfume on my wrist and the back of my neck before I grabbed my clutch. I checked myself in the mirror and headed to my cab. Looking out of the window the cab driver drove slowly in case for wildlife and antelopes. We happened to drive past Erik's house that was lit up. I could see him in the window chopping vegetables in his kitchen. He kept his blinds open during the day but I guess he forgot to close them. In those 3 seconds I drove by he happened to look up and see my half rolled down window. I had rolled the window down because my palms and chest were starting to heat up from nerves. Seeing him see me didn't make them any better. I didn't want to think about him right now so I pushed the thought in the back of my mind. Tonight was about having fun with Ade, and if there was one thing I knew about scorpios, they knew how to have fun.

I'd never seen the city this late at night before. It was absolutely beautiful and reminded me of newyork city in an alternate and more clean dimension. All the beautiful lights, the colorfully dressed people and the cars were just immaculate. Sooner or later I was in the heart of the city. I texted Ade as I neared the destination. He informed me he got there 2 minutes ago and was waiting outside of the restaurant for me. I confirmed I was just around the corner. I asked the driver to let me out around the corner because traffic was still pretty heavy. I paid him and got out with my clutch. My hills clicked down the pavement as I came up on my destination. Ade was leaning against the building on his phone. I walked up on him when he heard me just a few feet away. He smiled widely at me and I hugged him hello.

" Wow you look ...amazing ", he took in my appearance.

" So do you. This is your color ", I tap his shoulder referencing his wine colored suit. We didn't even MEAN to match but we did.

" Great minds think alike ", he joked.

" Ready ? ", I ask feeling my stomach growl. Unfortunately I wasn't home to eat like the Cookie Monster. Tonight it would be me but with table manners.

" Absolutely ", he led me inside and got our reservation. We walked into an amazing restaurant and bar in the heart of the city. It was absolutely beautiful and the room fit so many people. One side of the wall was a huge aquarium with big fish and even a large squid. I'd never even seen one up close. Ade sat us right next to it. I admired the aquarium as fish swam closely to the glass eyeing me. We ordered drinks and I started off with water and a martini. Ade ordered some sort of dirty rum.

" They're so beautiful ", I admired. Ade tapped the glass softly sending one of the fish zooming. I choked out a quiet laugh.

" Don't do that ", I chuckled. He grinned and shrugged.

" So...you finally decided to cave and let me take you out for the night ", he changes the topic.

" Yeah. There were a few things I had to take care of these past few weeks but my obligations are dying down thank goodness ", I sighed.

" What made you finally decide to say yes ? ", he asks. He was already trying to figure me out. His stare was tantalizing for sure. It wasn't like Erik's which was intrusive and truth binding, his was dark. Like he was imaging me with clothes off which I didn't mind at all especially coming from him.