Gemini Man (New Chapter)

Please listen to music linked with chapter.

Erik pov *

After I finished she was out like a light, drooling and all. I finished my blunt and went to sleep. By the time I woke up the sun was just coming up but she was still down. I ordered room service and started my wake and bake. I doubled checked our money. Halfway through me counting she woke up looking discombobulated.

" Purse money ", I three three stacks at her. She picked up the stack and inspected it before falling back under the covers.

" You should get some water ", I advise.

" You should shut the fuck up ", she muttered.

" That's how you talk to the man that fucked you so good last night you cried ? ", I become fake offended. Her sass didn't phase me in the slightest but rarely did I tolerate it.

" I was tipsy. Didn't count ", she excused.

" Yeah right ", I scoff. She finally gets out of bed and take a few sips of water before heading straight to the mini bar for a shot. I shake my head hiding my disappointment.

The big elephant in the room was Bia's drinking problem. She had one. She had it for roughly three years now. She formed this habit after meeting me and parts of me blamed myself for it. Maybe she did it because I stressed her...maybe it ran in her family, maybe unresolved childhood trauma. I enjoy a couple drinks but weed was my escape when I needed it. That or the occasional Cuban cigar. She had a way of hiding her problem, drinking at just the right moment or finding a reasonable excuse but I saw through that. She'd take a shot before she went to the grocery store or to interact with just about anyone, Whenever I brought it up she grew rigid....completely different from the B I knew. I didn't feel like having an argument with her so instead I packed up the money again.

I watched her slowly wake up and come to her senses. She took a long shower, she was in there for about an hour. She came out naked with a towel wrapped around her waist. I watched her pull on her panties in the vanity mirror and put on her meaningful jewelry. A gold ankh identical to mine but smaller, a ring one of her foster parents had given her and her ankle bracelet. 

" Did you eat ? ", she asked tauntingly pulling on her pants.

" Nah. I was waiting till you woke up to order. Plus the food here tastes weird ", I confessed. She scoffed.

" That would have been good to know last night by the way ", she chides.

" The real meal last night was not the food that I ate at that restaurant ", I warned. She didn't say anything instead she continued to get dressed. I watched her lightly detangle her hair and braid it into two plats. I went ahead and ordered for her. Room service arrived and I decided to eat out on the balcony and read from my father's journal. When I went away from her that usually meant I wanted my alone time, which I valued. I'd been battling with feelings of confusion. What would I do now that I've reigned as King and failed ? And what would I do with Bia this next chapter ? Did the next chapter even involve her ? The last one didn't. There's moment where I want to leave and moments were I feel closer to home through her. There was a constant need to chase after something, to find answers. As flexible and adaptable as Bia was, I could be harsh on her when I was trying to figure things out. That's why I opted out of taking her through the journey to Wakanda. If she had been with me through it all, I suspected she would have tapped out after finding out what I was really capable of.

She knew when to give me space so that wasn't the issue. The issue was deciphering between letting her see glimpses of the things I suppressed without shame or letting it all hang out. If she was going to leave she would have left by now. So why was it when I did something bad, I always thought of her ? Even after I'd killed hundreds ? Ran through women? Stole ? Destroyed ? I couldn't tell wether the shame came from my actions or what she thought of me. She had her complaints about me which were somewhat valid, but then again I taught her everything she knew. I taught her to embrace her own shadow. From afar, before I knew her, she was the most suppressed person I'd ever seen. I taught her how to shoot. I taught her how to stomach killing people which wasn't easy in the literal sense. I taught her how to silence the alarms in her head when everything went to shit. I taught her how to thrive in chaos. I was everything she knew so where was the shame coming from ?