Old Firsts (New chapter)

Please listen to music linked with chapter.

My alarm clock went off at 7:30am. It was time to get Analise ready for daycare and for me to head to the restaurant. I sat up yawning reading the text message convo me and Erik head. I felt like this was my first boyfriend. We flirted all night over the phone. I couldn't believe I had butterflies in my stomach all over again, like when we first met. The night before he walked us home. He worked later in the morning than I did but sometimes he took night shift for a week or two. I closed my phone and headed to wake up Analise. The moment I opened my bedroom door I could smell breakfast wafting under my nose. I walk to the kitchen in a hurry to see Erik cooking. I'm a bit flustered by the appearance. His dreads were gathered into a ponytail and his muscular wide back was accentuated by the tight gray shirt he was wearing. They of course matched his grey sweatpants. He just came back from his morning jog.

"Hey...What's all this ? ", I rub my eyes trying to keep my staring to a minimum.

" Hey good morning baby ", he turned around flashing his wide white smile at me. He embraced me and pecked my cheek showing me he was cooking breakfast. I must have been looking at him like he had two heads. We never had a breakfast like this. I always ended up cooking or we'd go grab something from the bodega.

" Yeah I hope you don't mind. We stayed up pretty late texting last night. I knew you'd be kind of tired so I decided to cook you breakfast while you got Analise ready", he explained.

" S-sorry you've just never done anything like this before. I'm in shock a little bit ", I chuckle watching him cook this elaborate spread of breakfast. He didn't cook very often so I forgot that he actually COULD.

" Just wanted to help out ", he handed me a water bottle and a cup of coffee just how I liked it.

" Thanks ", I walk over to the kitchen table enjoying the view while chugging my water half way. The coffee was just right. Just enough sugar and creamer. I finished half my coffee and then I woke Analise up and got her ready. Luckily her hair was in braids and I bathed her the night before. I just had to get her dressed, pack her book bag and brush her teeth.

" Lili guess who's here this morning ", I held her in my arms carrying her to the bathroom.

" Unc Erik ? ", she asked in her sweet toddler voice.

" Yes. He cooked you a nice breakfast this morning isn't that nice ? ", I planted her on the bathroom stool wetting her tooth brush for her. I watched her brush her teeth and then I got her dressed and wiped her face. She ran out into the kitchen to hug Erik and I got ready. I put on my work appropriate attire and brushed my teeth. I pulled my hair into a bun and finished getting ready. When I walked back into the kitchen I saw Erik and Analise sitting down and eating. I sat next to the both of them and dug into my food.

" wow this is really good ", I said.

" Well after years of watching you cook you pick up on something sooner or later ", he mentioned.

" Is uncle Erik taking me to day care ? ", Analise asked with syrup all over her mouth.

" Do you want him to ? ", I ask. She nods rapidly.

" Your wish is my command ", Erik leaves the table and brings her school bag. He already packed it for her with her lunch and a nap time blanket.

" Wow. You even packed her tooth brush ", I smiled at him.

" I do this dad shit. Don't sleep ", he hyped himself. I couldn't help but laugh. Erik wipes her face after she's done eating.

I get up and grab my keys and my purse. I kiss Analise goodbye as Erik walks me out to the car. As I put my purse in the passenger seat he pries the door open and gives me a kiss, this one a bit more romantic then his morning peck.