Suspicions

Hello guys Pepsi here. I never planned to write an x reader in all honesty and this is probably the only one I will write but I wanted to give it a shot. A friend convinced me to :3 Enjoy.

You always believed in suspicions. The belief that magpies told you your fortune or misfortune, the color of the sky telling you how your day was going to be.

 Many nights you felt someone watching you from the shadows as you walked home from a late night of babysitting, always brushing it off to the magpies you saw earlier you never paid it any mind. One particularly cold night you entered your home at the early hours of the morning, exhausted from a night of babysitting. Your home was a small apartment but it was cosy, covered in plain pastel colors and clean, simple surfaces. Laid on your table was an old rabbit, something you had kept for a long as you could remember. Picking it up in your cold hands you smile. The rabbit reminding you of happy memories of home. You looked closely at the tag that remains attached to the toy, even after all this time. It read,

' To ( Y\N ) This is for you. Enjoy it. Signed The Toymaker '

You remember your parents trying to take the rabbit from you, not knowing where it had been. You kept held to it tight and they eventually gave up, letting you keep it. You always wondered who The Toymaker was. This was the only thing they ever sent. You dismissed the thought and laid the bunny on the table. You stretched and decided it was about time to retire to bed, having reminisced enough.

After getting comfy in your pjs and getting into bed you began to dream. Your thoughts from earlier taking them over.

In the dream you saw yourself in a dark void, surrounded by plush toys, obviously handmade. Calling out into the darkness you were startled to receive a response.

" Hello ( Y\N ) I have been waiting " The man emerged from the shadows wearing a light brown waistcoat, his hair was blood red and was carrying a black wind up mouse. He began to circle around the toys, picking select ones up, looking like he was inspecting them.

" Do you like my toys?"

" Your toys?" You respond with a look of confusion, still aware this was all a dream. The man nodded and smiled sweetly.

" Yes. I made them. Do you like yours?" You look down to see your bunny toy in your hands, almost like it was brand new. You couldn't understand, taking a step back you try to collect your thoughts and your nerves. You take a deep breath.

" Who are you?" The man scowled and his eyes began to glow green. You step back further to avoid being hurt, forgetting the events occurring were that of a dream.

" I'm Jason but I'm sure you remember me more as...The Toymaker" You finally wake up, sweat dripping off of you. You look to the clock. Three thirty AM. You wondered how such a short dream could take hours in the real world.

You make your way to the bathroom to wash yourself off of the sweat. On the way you notice that your rabbit has moved from its spot on the table. Beginning to panic you look for the stuffed animal, trying to assure yourself that it had just fallen.

While searching you hear a knock on the door. Wondering who it could be you open the door to greet the guest. Opening the door revealed nobody to be there. Instead there was a neatly wrapped present. You take it inside and set it down, curiosity taking you over. You finally open it to find another bunny toy. Brand new and handmade, with a bell around its neck. You pick up the tag from the inside of the box and read it.

' Its been a long time ( Y\N ) I knew you wouldn't forget me. Signed The Toymaker '