Betrayal

You wake up the next morning, not where you expected yourself to be. You were still in the tea room from the previous night, wrapped up in the soft purple tail of one of the large plush toys. As you stretched out you wondered why you were still here. You usually wake up at home, like it was all a dream. Looking around the room you notice that Jason is nowhere in sight, probably in his workshop. Could there have been something in the tea that caused you to stay? Something that blinded your better judgement? Standing, you recall that Jason didn't drink much of his tea whereas you drank the entire cup. Once you had finished Jason seemed to be smirking but you were suddenly too tired to care and must have fallen asleep. Seeing no exit you decide to see if the toymaker was in the workshop. You open the wooden door, it creaking as you did. The creaking caused Jason to look directly at you, a smile on his face and his black hands covered in brightly colored neon paints.

" Good morning my dear. Sleep well? " He asks after bringing his attention to his painting once more. You scratch your head, something once again not seeming right. You look over to a far corner and notice that there were stacks of cardboard boxes neatly piled up. You look back to the toymaker.

" What are those? " Jason smirks, his teeth sharpening for a split second before returning to normal. In your experience this wasn't a good sign. It had only been a few days but you knew Jason well enough, almost like you had known him for years. In a sense you had.He finally puts his paints and brushes down and makes his way over to you, putting a cold hand on your shoulder. 

" Those are your belongings " Your eyes widen and you put distance between you and the toymaker, your hands and voice both trembling. 

" What the hell?! " Jason just smiles and holds up an eviction paper. One that had been delivered to your flat. You snatched the paper from the toymaker and inspect it, finding it to be real enough. You knew your landlord was a douche but you never thought he would go this far. Evicting you was the lowest of the low and he had never liked you. Word must have spread of your loss of a job and he must have seen it as a reason to evict you. Another thought sprang to your mind, Jason had taken the letter without permission. You push the toymaker away from you, all sense of better judgement leaving your mind. 

" Why?" You scream at the scarlet man as loudly as your lungs would let you.Forgetting what had happened a few nights ago. It all made so much sense now. Jason had shown himself to you at work to get you fired, he was nice to you to get you to find a reason to visit of your own accord using the mice he had given you, so he could keep you here with him. Sensing your anger Jason's eyes began to glow and a scowl emerged on his features, his grey lips showing off his strong distaste for your actions. 

He makes his way closer to you and grabs your arm tightly, his white nails piercing your skin, drops of blood running down your arm. You shiver and try to escape the grip.

" I did this for you! You are better off here with me! My chosen one needs to be by my side and this was the only way but now you have angered me! " Jason turns and picks up a sharp tool, lifting it above your head, a smirk once again on his lips. 

" Let me fix you up " You close your eyes and wait for the tool to come into contact with you. It never does. You open your eyes to see that Jason had stopped mid swing, pain filling his eyes. He drops the tool and lets you go. You grab your arm as it begins to throb and notice something running down Jason's face. Not his makeup but thick black tears. He begins to sob.

" I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you I'm just a..." Jason never finished his sentence and proceeded to enter the other room. You were shocked to see Jason cry. Maybe he did care after all. The fear that once filled your heart was replaced with sympathy for the battle that the toymaker seemed to be fighting with himself.