Realization

You stand by yourself in the empty workshop, trying hard to listen for any sign Jason was alright. Hearing nothing but the faint melody of a music box you make your way to the door, forgetting about the blood dripping down your arm. Slight fear fills your heart, a fear that shakes your very soul. Opening the door revealed another room, different from before. This room was furnished like a bedroom, once again covered in large toys with a red carpet. The only difference from the other room was the bed that wore a black quilt and the walls that were covered in scratches. Jason stood in a corner, banging his head hard against the wall and clawing it with his sharp white nails. You begin to feel tears emerge in your eyes and as they run down your face you cant help but feel at fault for Jason's current actions. You begin to feel helpless, so much so that without thinking you lunge at Jason and hold him tight around his chest, determined to keep him in your somewhat tight embrace.

" My dear.....what are you...?" Jason stutters and looks down at you, you already looking into his emerald eyes and sobbing.

" I'm sorry Jason. I caused this. I...I'm so sorry " You couldn't find any other words to say but those of apology as Jason takes your head in his hands and looks directly at you, his eyes looking into your very soul. He smiles and lets you go, wiping away your tears and hugging you tightly back.

" Maybe I was too harsh my dear. Let me make it up to you. Stay here and help me with my toys " You frown slightly, seeing that Jason wasn't going to let you go easily. Keeping you with him seemed to be his only objective right now. Seeing you frown Jason lifts your chin up and he exhibits a content and warm look on his features.

" It will be worth it " You really would have preferred to go home but right now it didn't look like you had a choice. You nodded in response and broke the hug, shying away from the toymaker.

You suddenly feel a dark presence behind you both. Something was in the room with you. You look around for the source of discomfort and feel it coming from a dark corner of the room. You see a golden tint in the darkness and move towards Jason for protection. The man in the shadows tuts.

" Well well. Couldn't keep me out could you? That doll of yours has some strong conflicting emotions " You shy behind Jason and away from the stranger, who despite his well polished accent seemed to be rather threatening.

Jason scowled and he put his arms out in an attempt at protection.

" Come here where I can see you " The man exited the shadows and you recognize him from before. Jason's scowl deepens.

"The Puppeteer. I knew you wouldn't heed my warnings"