23. Thick As Thieves : Part 2

Corey

"Nikki, how is she?" I asked as we got off the elevator and I rushed over to Nikki.

"She's right in here Corey." She answered and opened the door for me, my mom was in the hospital bed and hooked up to a lot of machines.

"Corey." My mom said as soon as she seen me and I rushed to her side and pulled a chair as close to her bed as I could. I heard Nikki close the door.

"Mom what happened?" I asked.

"Sweetheart, there's a lot of things I haven't told you." She answered and my heart just sank, I knew for sure all I would hear would be bad news.

"Sweetie the things you were experiencing is hereditary, only the women in our family go through this. Every 3rd dies." She explained to me.

"And your the 3rd." I said.

"Normally every 3rd dies in their late 40's to early 50's. I'm 47, I'm lucky to be around as long as I have." She told me.

"Mom, I'm still young. I need you." I told her and I felt the tears in my eyes.

"I know Sweetie, I'm so sorry." She said and she broke down into tears to.

"It's not your fault, I just wish you could be around for a few more years or even just another day." I said.

"Me too sweetie but it's too late to do anything, my body is shutting down. They can't do anything to slow it down or to stop it." She explained, I nodded and just laid my head on her shoulder and she hugged me really tightly and I did the same to her.

"I love you so much sweetheart." She said before we let go.

"I love you too mom." I said and kissed her cheek and sat back in my chair and she looked passed me and I turned around and seen Jay, Roman, Seth, Dean and Paige outside of her room. There was a window in her room.

"I know you two aren't on good terms right now, but I would really like to say goodbye to her and that man you always talk about, I would like to see him too." My mom explained and I closed my eyes tightly and sighed and got up.

"I'll be back in a few minutes." I told my mom and I walked out and closed the door behind me, everyone looked at me when I walked out.

"She wants to see you." I said looking directly at Jay in the most pissed off way that I could. Jay walked past me.

"Roman too." I said and he went in with Jay and I walked down the hall way and The bellas, Tatum and Cindy followed me. Seth, Paige and Dean stayed behind.

"Well?" Nikki asked.

"I think you all should say good bye to her." I answered.

"What?" Cindy asked.

"She's dying and she doesn't have long before she goes. She'll be lucky if she makes it a few more hours." I answered and wiped all of my tears away. I just wanna cry my heart out right now but I'm trying to hold it back and I'm all shaky because of it.

"Corey I'm so sorry." Tatum said and I just stood there really quiet with my back against the wall. I heard my mom's door open and Roman walked out first and then Jay and she was crying to.

My mom and Jays mom are like second mom's to us, especially when we were growing up. As we got older nothing really changed except for me and Jay obviously.

"Go say goodbye." I said and Tatum and Cindy went first together and then Nikki and Brie. Jay ended up walking over to me and I didn't want anything to do with her right now.