25. Funeral

A few days later
Corey

"Hey, everything is ready." Jay said walking into the room I was in.

"Thank you for helping me with all of this." I told her.

"Your welcome." She said and gave me a hug.

"I don't even recognize half of these people here." I told her.

"Yeah me neither. It's all family that's not really family." She said.

"It really is to, they may be blood but, a majority of them aren't my family. It's sad that someone has to pass away to bring everyone together." I said and held back my tears.

"That's just how some family's work and it's honestly fucked up and my family is the same way." Jay said.

"Well my family is your family so yeah they are really fucked up." I told her.

"Yeah they are." Jay said. Everyone will be out of here in a bit anyways, my mom's already buried. Right where I wanted her to be, she's next to my grandma here in Chicago.

"Hey." Roman said walking in with Seth and Dean behind him.

"Hi guys." Me and Jay said in unison.

"How you holding up?" Roman asked.

"I'm okay, just can't wait for this to be all over." I answered.

"Everyone will start leaving soon." Seth said.

"Yeah I know, but this hour is gonna drag ." I said.

"Maybe, I bet it would go faster if you were out there talking to everyone." Dean said.

"Doubt it." I said and walked past them.

Jaylynn 

"Seriously, I caught on to what you were trying to do." I said to Dean after Corey left.

"It wasn't intentional." He said.

"Yeah I'm sure it wasn't, what is your problem with her?" I asked.

"After everything she's done, she's deserves it." Dean answered.

"She didn't do anything to you, it was me and Roman that she hurt and we forgave her for that just like when I apologized to her." I explained.

"You can't control how I treat her, I'm allowed to have a grudge against her." He said.

"Well regardless of your grudge against her, she's still my sister and your not gonna treat her like that." I told him.

"Oh really?" He asked.

"Really, you either clean up your act or your gonna be single and you won't get another chance." I answered and walked past.

"Jay wait." He said and I ignored him.