Untitled Part 12

"What's the date today?" I asked. I'm just curious. Plus, it's May, my birth month!

"May 5th, why?" Sam replied.

I counted silently on my fingers until the 18th. "Thirteen days until my birthday," I told him.

"Really?" He asked, surprised.

"Yeah, I'll be eight!" I cheered.

"Who's going to be eight?" Daddy asked, walking in.

"I am!" I answered, excitedly, "On the 18th!" (JUST REALISED BDAY MY BRO'S BIRTHDAY BUT WHATEVER!)

"What do you want for your birthday?" Daddy asked and scooped my up into his arms.

"I don' know," I replied.

"Surely you know what you want, it's your Birthday!" Sam said, surprised.

"The orphanage didn't do anything for birthdays, I don't really mind," I shrugged as Daddy put me down.

"Well then, this has to be an amazing comeback for all your other birthdays," Daddy said.

"Yeah, you think about it, Quinn, then you'll know," Sam said.

"But normally my birthday wish would be to meet you guys," I said, blushing.

"Aw," The cooed.

"Shut up," I moaned, still blushing.

"She's blushing!" Sam yelled, laughing.

"Mean!" I yelled.

"Sorry, Quinn, it's cute," Daddy said, smiling widely.

"HEY QUINN COME OVER HERE! LOOK WHAT WE FOUND!" Corey yelled from the garden. I went into the garden, Sam and Daddy had gone to whatever they were doing before.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Come closer," Corey said. He had something in his hands. I couldn't see. Him and Colby were grinning. I was scared. "Don't be scared."

"What is it?" I repeated.

Corey crouched next to me and Colby held me there. Nope. Something bad's going to happen. Corey held out his cupped hands and revealed...a SPIDER! I screamed and tried to get out of Colby's hold. "What's wrong Quinn? It's only friendly," Colby said, meanly.

"Let go!" I yelled, nearly in tears.

Colby loosened his grip and I got out of it, sprinting inside, in tears. Then I thought of it. I closed the door and locked it. They can't unlock it from the outside. HA! Payback. They can't get through the windows. They're stuck outside.

I heard a faint, "Wait, she's locked us out!" from Corey. I laughed at them through the glass.

"What's so funny?" Aaron asked, walking over.

"I locked them out," I laughed.

"Why?" He asked.

"They scared me with a spider, so I locked them out," I said, "It's fair."

"AARON LET US IN!" Colby shouted against the glass.

Aaron just laughed, "For a price!"

"What?" Corey asked.

"No more scaring Quinn with spiders, and make me a sandwich," Aaron replied.

"DEAL!" Colby yelled, "I'm hungry and I need to go out soon!"

Aaron unlocked the door and the two came in. "Quinn I'm going to kill you!" Corey yelled.

I ran upstairs and into Sam's room. He was in there. "Sam! Save me!" I yelled.